Hair thinning, Help needed!

Ramkmr

Hi all,

My hair is thinning at the top. Hair loss is not a genetic problem for me. Until 5 years back, i had healthy hair and no hair loss. In 2007, i did hair straightening and colored my hair which took a toll on my hair. From then on, i am experiencing hair loss. Since i have grey hair, i started dying my hair from 2006. Now i have stopped everything. But, I am still continuing to lose my hair. I am just 25 years old now. I just could not seem to get this out of my mind. Could someone please help me stop my hair loss? Btw, I am staying in the east coast of the USA. Any pointer to good doctors would be of great help to me.

Thanks in advance. Please help me!

All that stuff can certainly lead to hair breakage but mpb is most likely genetic. I went to dr feller in NYC who did a great job for me. There are plenty of other docs on the east coast who are great as well, dr Lindsey, true and dorin, Bernstein, etc...have you tried propecia? Rogaine?

No..I have not taken any treatment yet worrying that i might aggravate my hair fall..Can the hair loss be stopped completely if i take proper medication? and also, I am worried about the side effects, if any, caused by propecia..I am trying to understand what is good and what is not. Please don't mind if my questions sound very amateurish..

I've been on propecia for 6 years now, however I have cut back to taking it 3 days a week and use rogaine daily now. I have experienced no sides at all however it's real and some may get side effects. My advice is to start with a very low dosage and see how you respond. Rogaine has given me zero sides as well. It's tough to say whether or not you'll respond well to either of these 2 treatments. Most likely it will help keep your crown intact maybe even grow somme hair back, but hairline it probably won't do much for. Basically use the medication for the back 2/3rds of your head and get a ht for front 1/3. But do consult with dr feller or any one of the docs I mentioned, you cannot go wrong with any of them.