is 8 Months with no growth too long??

Dear All,

I had the FUT surgery (2200 grafts) carried out in March and if i'm totally honest have had no growth whatsoever from what i can see.. For the first 4-5-6 Months it never bothered me as I was assured that this would be normal and then I would see sorm form of growth.. My question is, has anyone else gone this length of time without any visible hair growth? And am i just being inpatient????

Sorry i havent posted any photos, but I just feel a bit deflated and too embarassed to post any.. ( and i know that doesnt help!!)...

I'd be delighted to hear if anyone has gone so long prior to their transplant finally coming to fruition.. Would put my mind at rest..

Thanks,

Wozza33

If you have not had any growth at all by 8 months, then I would be worried.

Who was your surgeon?

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Is he based in Harley Street London?

Have you had any contact since the operation with the clinic?

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I actually went through the London Hairtransplant clinic, who are based in Harley St..

I've contacted them about a Month to go to see if they or the Surgeon could give me any advice assurances etc, but they keep telling me he's away on holiday and will contact me on his return??

Dear All,

I had the FUT surgery (2200 grafts) carried out in March and if i'm totally honest have had no growth whatsoever from what i can see.. For the first 4-5-6 Months it never bothered me as I was assured that this would be normal and then I would see sorm form of growth.. My question is, has anyone else gone this length of time without any visible hair growth? And am i just being inpatient????

Sorry i havent posted any photos, but I just feel a bit deflated and too embarassed to post any.. ( and i know that doesnt help!!)...

I'd be delighted to hear if anyone has gone so long prior to their transplant finally coming to fruition.. Would put my mind at rest..

Thanks,

Wozza33

Hello Wozza33;

No need to be embarrassed here. The physicians, advocates and members here are wanting your success. Posting photos is very helpful and get you better responses. You can obscure your face. Eight months many people have considerable growth or show positive outcomes that are apparent. Have you followed up with your surgeon? Did you receive your HT from and HTN recommended surgeon? It would be great to post some images but certainly your attending doctor should be providing you with some answers. Hope this helps, Michael.

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

Hi Micheal,

Thank you very much for the reply, I will try and post some photos to give some indication as to what stage my hair growth is at after 8 months..

Hopefully I will hear something positive from my Surgeon or the Clinic I purchased the HT through??.. Surely, they must have some code of practice where by they should have some after care..

Will keep you updated

Hi Wozza33;

I look forward to seeing these photos, and really hope all the best for you. I cannot speak for the clinic where you had your surgery's after care. As a patient advocate after care is a priority that we focus on and it is my job to stay on top of patient concern. Don't hesitate to call your clinic and insist on speaking with your physician and if necessary have a follow up visit. Many patients do experience hyper-concern but that should be accommodated and put to ease. Stay in touch, Michael.

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum