Heavy shedding on Lipogaine??

hwoodguy1

Hey guys,

Has anyone experienced it?

Long time lurker here. Finally thought I'd post. I was using Dualgen 10% and made some nice gains. Hair was receding slightly before I started it (was using minox 5%), looking generally thinner and slightly lighter in color along the hairline. Thickened up nicely. Then the FDA decided to screw things up.

Anywho, about four months ago I went through a phase of applying the dualgen only once every two or three days, trying to stretch it out as long as possible, and was traveling a lot for a month or so and missed quite a few days of finasteride doses.

About three months ago or so I got on to lipogaine and back on consistent fin usage every day (lipogaine twice a day, back to nizoral three times a week), and for the last month or more I have been having what, for me, is VERY heavy shedding in the front. My hairline is noticably thinner, I can run my fingers through it and pull out two or three hairs every time. These are thinner as well as thicker hairs.

I've always been able to put minox sheds into the back of my mind, as I went through a few sheds before on minoxidil treatment and regrew what I lost, but this shed seems more serious and to be lasting longer than the others.

Do you think it's the Lipogaine, or what? I'm starting to wonder if Lipo is snake oil and I'm losing all the ground I had held for the last few years.

Pretty stressed, bros.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey guys,

Has anyone experienced it?

Long time lurker here. Finally thought I'd post. I was using Dualgen 10% and made some nice gains. Hair was receding slightly before I started it (was using minox 5%), looking generally thinner and slightly lighter in color along the hairline. Thickened up nicely. Then the FDA decided to screw things up.

Anywho, about four months ago I went through a phase of applying the dualgen only once every two or three days, trying to stretch it out as long as possible, and was traveling a lot for a month or so and missed quite a few days of finasteride doses.

About three months ago or so I got on to lipogaine and back on consistent fin usage every day (lipogaine twice a day, back to nizoral three times a week), and for the last month or more I have been having what, for me, is VERY heavy shedding in the front. My hairline is noticably thinner, I can run my fingers through it and pull out two or three hairs every time. These are thinner as well as thicker hairs.

I've always been able to put minox sheds into the back of my mind, as I went through a few sheds before on minoxidil treatment and regrew what I lost, but this shed seems more serious and to be lasting longer than the others.

Do you think it's the Lipogaine, or what? I'm starting to wonder if Lipo is snake oil and I'm losing all the ground I had held for the last few years.

Pretty stressed, bros.

A classical situation: switching from a higher % minoxidil concentration to a low% minoxidil. Your hair became dependent on the 10% minoxidil.

I have gone through exactly the same process (from 10% EOD to 5% ED). I thought that it would make little difference... But it was a disaster!!! You should jump back on 10% minoxidil immediately!

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update. Sooooo, a few weeks ago the shedding FINALLY stopped. If I run my hands through my hairline (where i'm thinning) at the end of the day, I'll get maybe 5 to 10 hairs.

During the heavy shedding it would have been more like 50. It's noticeably thinned the hairline out, but I am hoping it fills in during the next few months. I mean, the shed was massive, so there's a lot of hair missing I reckon.

Crossing my fingers. If you're shedding on this stuff, just keep it up and it will pass eventually. Ugh, the ups and downs of hair loss regimens!

• 3 months later...

Hi hwoodguy1.

How is your regime with Lipogaine going? Were you able to get all the hair that were shed before? I am in the same boat. So just wondering if I am able to get back my hair back or not

Please reply at your earliest

I'd also love an update, hgwoodguy1. I've been using Lipogaine since July 2012 and it had been going great - I think - until very recently. Seems like I've suddenly started shedding a ton. For a while there I was experiencing almost no shed at all, not sure where this came from. I'm getting very worried and wondering if I should just quit this entirely before my hairline becomes a disaster area.

• 4 weeks later...