Hospital Group and New surgeon needed

Hi All,

Firstly a bit about me... 2 years ago (April 2010) I had a hair transplant with the hospital group, unfortunately I cannot remember the doctors name; I didn't do any research at the time and paid my none refundable deposit of ?500... When I got home I then did my research and found a lot of negative comments about the hospital group, but in fairness farily positive comments about my surgeon... Stupid I know but what's done is done!

I have around 2500 grafts from the skin removal proceedure and my hair loss is receeding and loss from my crown, now what I wasn't told in my consultation was that I would need this more than once! so I wasn't impressed to learn on the day that this would need to be repeated.

18 months later it didn't look too bad... still a bit patchy here and there but ok and did give me a hell of a lot of confidence back... HOWEVER! one thing I did notice was that I couldn't have my hair any shorter than a grade 4.5 otherwise you would see a nice line round my head where the scar is... is that normal??

So know I'm in limbo! I'm fairly thin on top but can't have my hair any shorter than a 4.5 so look fairly silly... I would have my hair a grade 3 if I could to blend the thinning patches but can't because of the scar!

So know I'm looking again... Not keen on the HG group after the scar they have given me! can anybody recommend a surgeon where I could have the proceedure repeated and maybe tidy up the scar so I can have my hair short again?

Thanks

Steve

Steve there is a lot of very good surgeons on here.

I don't know much about the hospital group, but I do remember when Dr Feller was repairing my hair, he said he had repaired plenty of guys from there, run a search on them.

Take your time to research all the surgeons and have a consultation with at least 3 to 5.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Stevieb03,

Sorry to hear about your scar. You'll find lots of great information here to help you choose the best doc for our repair. To see our full list of recommended physicians, click here. To learn about our criteria for recommending physicians, click here.

Stick around a while and ask lots of questions. If there is anything I can do to help just ask.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website