Need feedback on my hair loss

forhim

Hello,

I am experiencing hair loss and thinning on the top of my head. I am planning for a HT and researching on the surgeons. I live in northern california.

Any suggestions about good surgeons? one of my friend has good exp from Dr Mayer(San diego). I am thinking of talking with Dr Scott Alexander.

Any suggestions on my hair loss? the flash was ON while taking the pic.

thanks in advance.

5b32d0d5677c1_photo(2).jpg.fa0678734c8bfad4acd6c6b11abfa167.jpg

Looks like you are heading towards a Norwood 6 classification so you need to plan for that. It appears to be diffusive thinning all thru the top. Are the sides and back thinning or are they rather solid?

If your permanent zone is good then you may be a candidate for a hair transplant. Also are you on any medication like Rogaine or Propecia to help slow the loss?

For doctors right now I like:

Konior

Rahal

I find Dr. Konior is one of the most helpful as he answers your questions directly without any salespeople.

Edited by AnthonySC

I am starting Rogaine, Propecia has serious side effects, so I am not looking at that option. I have attached a pic of my back hair. it looks pretty solid, but my sides are thin too.

What is suggested in such cases?

The flash is on in all the pics, so you see a lil more baldness than it actually is.

5b32d0d578069_photo(3).jpg.f12e0b6f7e1bf229926d88caf146bd67.jpg

I hear you about the Propecia as I unfortunately did have very bad side effects from it. However, most people do not and the side effects that I had went away in about 10 days after stopping. It is worth a shot though as its probably the best medical option. It's highly unlikely you'll get permanent side effects.

Yeah its looks like its going NW 6. It also looks like it might be thinning where your neck is, possibly retrograde allopecia. Definetley get a consultation with some good doctors. You should get your donor area checked for miniaturization with the selected doctor. Hopefully others here will be able to help you too.

Thanks for your suggestions. Are there any good doctors as far as the retrograde alopecia is concerned? and is HT possible in such cases? if the head doesnt have enough donor hair, is it possible to take the hair from body?

Dr rahal and koniar are in canada and illinois respectively. Is there a good doctor around and in california?

You know much about doctors in California as I do. Maybe create a separate post and ask about good docs in California. Alternatively do a search on this site as I am sure there are a number of good ones.

I would still consult with the doctors I mentioned as the consult is free and they may offer you some very good advice. I know too that Dr. Hasson takes the hair in the donor a bit higher than some other ones might to account for retrograde allopecia.

Also note that a lot of doctors will give discounts to account for travel expenses so you don't have to limit yourself to your own locale.

Edited by AnthonySC