Shock Loss of previously transplanted hair

hey everyone, this is my first post on here after "lurking" around for awhile.

Well I was born with a bald spot on the back of my head about an inch or so wide (I don't believe i'm currently losing any hair, yet). Anyways about two years ago(when I was 16)I recieved my first HT of about 400 grafts which pretty much filled 3/4 the area. I recently went back to get the rest "filled in" and it seems as if basically all the hair from the previous HT has fallen out. I'm about two months post op and the spot is pretty noticeable.

Now I've read a decent amount about "shock loss" on here and other sites but didn't come across the answer to whether or not it may be normal for previously transplanted hair to fall out.

Thanks for any answers guys.

hey everyone, this is my first post on here after "lurking" around for awhile.

Well I was born with a bald spot on the back of my head about an inch or so wide (I don't believe i'm currently losing any hair, yet). Anyways about two years ago(when I was 16)I recieved my first HT of about 400 grafts which pretty much filled 3/4 the area. I recently went back to get the rest "filled in" and it seems as if basically all the hair from the previous HT has fallen out. I'm about two months post op and the spot is pretty noticeable.

Now I've read a decent amount about "shock loss" on here and other sites but didn't come across the answer to whether or not it may be normal for previously transplanted hair to fall out.

Thanks for any answers guys.

I'm pretty sure Bill, one of out site administrators, actually had this happen.

I believe it is far from unheard of, especially if you are not on Propecia. It should grow back. If you went to a good surgeon, I would not worry.