Dandruff is huge problem and when I add Minox it is unbearable

Hi guys,

I have had Dandruff problem for many years and when I apply Minoxidil before going to bed, next day it becomes just unbearable.

My head gets flaky so much and even when I wash my hair I can not get rid off all Minox on my head because Minox seems to glue on my head.

A thin layer of Minox is nearly impossible to get rid off and probably is causing additional Minox that I put every day not to penentrate enough and therefore does job that is suppose to do.

Should I use Minox Foam instead of liquid?

How do you find Minox foam and how quickly it dries on application

Please help as this is driving me insane!

I would welcome many opinions from you guys.

PLEASE HELP

It was the same for me when I switched from 2% to 5% minox. There was more alchohol in the 5% and its drying effects just caused the skin to flake to an insane degree. If you are using 5% I'd try going back to 2%.

I never tried the foam, but if it doesn't have as much alcohol that should solve the problem too.

By the way guys I am using Minoxidil 7% & Retinoic Acid 0.01% Lotion which is made by Pharmacist in Melbourne, Australia on prescription.

Maybe Minox 7% got way too much alcohol and glues on my so much it is hard to get rid off.

Has anyone tried Minox foam and what is your experience with it?

Please help me as flakiness is driving me insane!

Please find a couple of minutes to answer my plight?

Originally posted by Andyman79:

You need to find yourself a good cleansing shampoo if you don't want to switch but otherwise I think Severn is right, the foam should be better as there is less alcohol in it.

Alternatively maybe look at Propecia.

I was on Propecia for about a year and stopped and I am worried it may not work second time around.

Do you think my statement has some merit and can get on Propecia again.

I have not been using Propecia for about 2 years

Please help guys?

Hi kristijan,

You might be right about the 7% Minox having too much alcohol for you so you might want to look at this thread and weigh up if one of these Nanogen Scalproller's would be worth investing in:

http://hair-restoration-info.c...=958106524#958106524

What shampoo are you currently using? Nizoral and Revita seem to be getting goood reviews and as ScottishGuy said it may be worth trying Polytar AF.

Why did you choose to stop using Propecia?