Queries on Dermmatch and Minoxidil

Hi Guys,

Few question. Please answer them

1. I apply dermmatch dry on my hair. However I never apply it on scalp, just over my hair . This works for me perfectly. My hair gets good thickness. Can I apply minoxidil at night? As i dont apply dermmatch on hair roots, I think this should work fine and dermmatch will not absorb the minoxidil as well. Please put your opinion / experience.

2. I am currently using minoxidil 2% foam now. Before that I was using minoxidil 5% regularly for more than a year. Last month I used to get headaches suddenly anytime. This continued and at one point I couldn't bear it anymore and went to doc. After checkup, he told me that my blood pressure has increased. He gave me some medicines. I had a feeling that this is due to minoxidil, hence I stopped using it for a week and i was not getting headaches and also my BP was normal. This surely convinced me minoxidil was the reason for all this. But i didn't wanted to stop it as i had good results from it. After researching I found that the alcohol content in minoxidil may be the problem. Hence I purchased Minoxidil 2% foam which has 50% alcohol and I was applying 1ml every night. The head pain was surely very less and my BP was also normal. Do you guys think I shall stick to 2% always or after finishing the foam I should try 5%.

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks