Baby Shapoo post HT

Hector

Hi Folks,

I wanted to understand your opinion on what are thoughts around using baby shampoo immediately post HT for a week or so. Many HT docs suggest that. I have read some threads which mention that it does leave the scalp very dry. Does it just leave it dry for a while or it also hurts the implants. If this is the case what alternatives are tried/suggested.

Thanks,

Hector

I believe any good surgeon will counter the drying potential of washing with some sort of moisturizing product, and remember that baby shampoo is specifically formulated to be mild.

Baby shampoo features in Dr Rahal's post-op washing instructions, and his guidelines are some of the most cautious of any surgeon. His patients use vitamin E oil after washing which is a very effective moisturizer. Keeping the grafted area moist is a must.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I used baby shampoo for 3 months after my first transplant, exclusively, and I had a great result. And I've been using it every day since my second transplant. I haven't really had any problem with dry scalp at all.

Hope this helps.

teach77

Ok great thanks for your responses mattj and teach77. That puts my mind to rest with respect to using baby shampoo for a longer duration.

@mattj - Any good recommendations for hair oils with good dosage of Vitamin E that can be applied. I am thinking more from a regular maintaince perspective as well.