National Hair Institute Sydney

hairgoine

Hi Guys ,

I was searching for some review of The National Hair Institute , but couldnt find any. Ive generally heard that transplants in aus are not too great but I was wandering if anyone has tried these guys and could share some results.

Btw, how important does age play - is there any surgeon out there that will allow an 18-19 year old to undego surgery ?

Hi,

Do yourself a favour and go off and do lots of research prior to having a HT. I haven't seen any good results from HT surgeons in Australia and I suggest that you go and get some advice.

Your only 18 years old and I'm wondering if you have gone to your local GP for advice and discussion of using medication? It is a lot easier to maintain your hair than to go off and have a HT.

Don't consider a HT until your at least in your late 20's.

Good luck.

Regards

Rod

Hi,

Do yourself a favour and go off and do lots of research prior to having a HT. I haven't seen any good results from HT surgeons in Australia and I suggest that you go and get some advice.

Your only 18 years old and I'm wondering if you have gone to your local GP for advice and discussion of using medication? It is a lot easier to maintain your hair than to go off and have a HT.

Don't consider a HT until your at least in your late 20's.

Good luck.

Regards

Rod

thanks for your response. Ive been loosing hair since 16 yrs of age and I was on minoxidil for 2 years - it didnt seem to be working @ all and as a result I left it. I had also used Nizoral & a substance that my GP prescribed to remove dandruff.

Yes, thats the general perception I have also gotton from HT's in australia . I had a look @ their site & the before & after pictures looked alright . I did a search on this site, but couldnt find any reviews.

Due to my age , will doctors just decide against performing HT on me, or are there some that will do it ?

From what I have seen; I completely agree that you should really look into medication rather than HT. I didn't start balding until 21 and regret not being proactively on taking medication earlier. Rogaine foam IMO has certainly slowed down my hair loss and I'm now taking Propecia.

A "legit" doctor would tell you are way too young for a transplant. I'm at Norwood 5/6 and in my lates 20s in which some are wary of me doing even at this age.

Hi,

It is my understanding that propecia is an effective hairloss treatment and it is worth considering it prior to obtaining a HT. I have read on this forum that a combination of propecia and minoxidil is quite effective.

What is the point of having a HT at your age without attempting to stop the loss? If you don't stabilise your hair prior to a HT you will have to undergo further procedures as your hairloss progresses.

I empathise with your situation because it must be difficult to lose your hair at such a young age. My hairloss commenced at 21 and it was difficult period in my life and to a certain degree affected my confidence.

Good luck young fella but keep away from the aussie HT surgeons.

Regards

Rod