2% rogaine vs 5% rogaine foam - side effect question

Sigildark

Well i can't deny that i'm getting sides from 5% minox. Anyone get systemic sides from the 5% foam but had success using 2% without any sides?

I wonder if i should give up on that completely or scale down to the 2% in the hopes of not feeling any systemic side effects. Side effects i'm getting is a racing heart beat for 5-10 minutes on occasion / minor occasional chest pains / occasional faint pain down the arm / my ears can pop all within a few hours of the application. Messed up. Sucks 8(

Anyone have experience with this?

Edited by Sigildark

Sorry to hear this. How many times are you applying it. I would recommend trying just one application and be modest with it initially to try allow the body to get used to it.

I am not a doc however just trying to help .

Appreciate the help Spex, i was only using it once a day to ease myself in. Close to half a capful (tried to get to half but prefered to have a bit more then a bit less)

Have an 8 month supply on hand to boot since I had to order from the USA and didn't want to run out too early. (not available in Canada)

Should consult with your physician... :)

I will definitely mention it to him when we next meet. He's off work for a few months though due to an operation. Worth noting that in the past i had delt with chest pains but after some testing, my heart was ruled out and it was decided that GERD was causing it. (some studies suggest that over one third of patients who experience chest pain were actually experiencing symptoms caused by GERD). Stopping my nightly pigging out driven by weed munchies alleviated the condition LOL.

Edited by Sigildark

Sorry to hear this. How many times are you applying it. I would recommend trying just one application and be modest with it initially to try allow the body to get used to it.

I am not a doc however just trying to help .

I would recommend the same thing. i have noticed lees sides when i swiched from 2-1 time a day application. I also experienced many of the sides op listed.

This is from Bernsteinmedical.com : Once a day topical use of Rogaine (topical minoxidil 2% and 5%) seems to be almost as effective as using it twice a day. The reason is, that although minoxidil has a relatively short half-life of several hours when given orally, when topically applied, it has a half-life of 22 hours in the skin. This suggests that once a day dosing is a reasonable option

So even though your not a doc your advice seems legit. You have a doc?s word for it :)

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

1 mg 5 % Minoxidil once a day.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Head and Shoulders every day.

Nizoral 2 % one time a week.

Emu oil.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/cardel25/blog/403/

problem is, like i stated in a reply to Spex, i started with once a day and never got the change to scale up to twice

however it's interesting that you were able to get around the sides, maybe i should try 1/4 capful of 5% to re-start things out, that would be like ~1/2 a cap of 2%