Nizoral and Itching

It may just be coincidence, it may not be, but since I started using Nizoral 1% about three months ago I've suffered from intermittent itching on my scalp.

I've looked at everything from shampoos or hair washing frequency but, considering I now only wash my hair once a day and with a non-SLS and non-paraben shampoo, and that I don't use minoxidil on my scalp, the only thing left that could possibly be causing it is the Nizoral.

Or headlice. But the missus checked my scalp for that and I'm fine.:D

So...has anyone else experienced this? I'm very tempted to pass on the Nizoral completely if this is a permanent side effect.

if anything nizoral is supposed to remove itching

looking back i wish i would of started using it a very long time ago

but i knew less then

do you see red spots on your scalp after use? if so that would be an indicator that you should stop

you could cease using it to see if the itchiness goes away

Guest Ian512017155

Nizoral works great for me, and yes its suppose to stop itching and has some anti DHT that works againsts hairloss, does it stop it by itself. No but along with propecia, rogaine, etc, it helps! I only use it twice a week

• 4 weeks later...

The only time that Nizoral causes my scalp to itch is when I leave it on for longer than usual before I rinse it off. Other than that, it works just fine. Maybe you're leaving it on for a long period of time or you're using it every day and you're scalp's getting irritated? Try to cut down on your use, maybe that'll help. :)