Propecia experience (one week in...)

Nmu744

I just wanted to report my first week experience on Propecia and get some feedback/advice.

Basically, so far so good. The only side I have noticed is the watery semen (which was expected).

However, my testicles are starting to feel a bit different. It's not like a bad pain or anything, but at times I kind of get that uncomfortable feeling? I'm not sure if that is a bad sign or not?

Also, is a M-W-F schedule affective? A every other day? Or how about a .5mg dose a day? I'm getting concerned that I may be on the verge of developing sides, or maybe I am jumping the gun?

Any advice/suggestions would be helpful! Thanks gang, you guys are a great support group.

I attached a picture of my head to show where my hairloss is at. Little bit of Toppik helps though!

-Nick

110216-191958.jpg.a98831629f72ce2ba45c5f4b6991e767.jpg

Nmu744,

I experienced the same sides when I first started finasteride. I quarter a 5mg pill and, at first, I had the dull pain in the testicles along with the watery semen.

I've experimented with a few variations in dosage. The first thing I did was move to an every-other-day schedule until the discomfort went away. Then I wend back to daily dosing.

Next, I decided to try to cut the pills into eighths. I did this for a while but become frustrated with it.

Then I decided to go back to every other day and kept a close watch on shedding. I was very satisfied with that but opted to move to a MWF schedule so it's more regular.

That's where I am now and I'm confident that I am still benefiting from the drug while minimizing side effects.

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website