My experience with Propecia (positive)

sydneybaldman

Hi all,

As a fellow hairloss sufferer I thought I would tell you all my experience with Propecia so far. Its been just under 6 months sicne I started using this drug and its working fairly well so far.

Ive noticed my crown area begin to thicken and the area of thinning decreasing. The biggest response has been my mid area (between the crown and front). this area has really thickened up :)

As for the sexual side effects for this drug, well I havent had any ! before taking this drug I have heard of that site called Propeciahelp.com. It scared the hell out of me as I didnt want to end up like any of those guys on that site. But luckily I didnt and all in all, only a few small percentage of guys I guess will 'suffer' from the sexual side effects of propecia.

Anyone else out there who have had no side effects from Propecia like me ?

sydneybaldman,

Congratulations! I'm very happy to hear that you have seen a positive response from Propecia (finasteride)!

I too have had what I consider a very positive experience. While I have seen some mild side effects, I have not had any serious sexual sides. I feel that my crown has thickened quite a bit since starting it and my shedding has slowed or stopped entirely.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 2 weeks later...

I'm coming up on my 2 year anniversary with Propecia. I had minimal side effects during the first few weeks (mostly pain...down there) but very little since.

I am still shedding hair, but I look almost the same as I did two years ago. My crown looks like it has thickened a bit, so do my temples. The only difference is the center of my hairline (the slight widow's peak) where my hair looks thinner than it was two years ago. I don't think there has been any recession, just thinning.

I have taken Propecia 11 years including college and believe me I was not lacking at all in the libido.

One thing I am wondering does Propecia start losing its effect after 10 years? This year is the first time my hair has moved a little in years.

Also, does it work as well taken every other day?

HT #1 Unknown Butcher (1998)

Total about 1500

-------------------------------------------------------------

HT #2 Dr. Alexander (2011)

687 - Singles

1672 - Doubles

10 - Multis

Total 2369

Rogaine Foam

Nizoral

Proscar