Finasteride and eyebrow thinning

moses0324

I have been taking finasteride for about a year but have experienced eyebrow thinning. Anyone else experience this? Can anyone recommend what I do from here? I have had a lot of success on my head hair but I don't want to lose my eyebrows!!!! Help

• 3 months later...

Me too. Now considering eybrow transplant to put it right. The only difference was that mine was with duatesteride. Lost eyebrow hair, chest, beard and arm hair but as with yourself, it was doing what it was supposed to on my head. Went to the doctors who did all the relevant blood tests for thyroid etc, in the end they suggested I stopped the Duatesteride (though I was taking finesteride before switching to duatesteride). As soon as I did, the eyebrow hair loss etc stopped. The only hair that grew back was my chest hair which was the last to start thinning. Loosing eybrow hair is worse than head hair for me! I don't mind buzzing my head to a no 2, looks fine, even better with a thin covering of mane spray, but with eyebrows its a nightmare to get them right with make up. Even if I had a transplant on my head, I would keep my hair short. If I had enough confidence in the fue procedure, I would probably have it done just to eliminate the need for any mane spray as I hate cleaning the bathroom after using it and my wife moans about the stuff.

So I am considering an eybrow transplant but it's very hard to find enough info or blogs from people who have actually had the procedure, all the info and photos seem to be from those that perform the procedure. As I wear my hair short, fue would seem the most obvious choice but density seems to be an issue. I have a small scar about 3cm long on the back of my head almost exactly where donor hair would be removed from, so I have wondered if this could be utilised as the scar has always been there? :confused: