Doubt regarding existing hairs in HT!!

Hi Guys,

Got my HT done recently while clean shaved.... The Doc implanted it between my exisiting hair roots... But my doubt is,

• Will my exisiting hairs grow(on the HT'd area) on a normal phase as it used to before/ Will it's growth be affected coz of the Ht grafts implanted in between???

• If they do get affected.... Will I have to wait for 8 mnths for them too along with the Graft growth???

Sorry....if its a dumb query....Just freakin out to kno!! :confused:

Hopin for a reply... Thanx....

Will my exisiting hairs grow(on the HT'd area) on a normal phase as it used to before/ Will it's growth be affected coz of the Ht grafts implanted in between???

Maybe, maybe not. Sometimes a HT will cause some existing hairs to go into a telogen (resting) phase and not grow back right away. This is one of the phenomena commonly described as "shock loss." In general, native hairs should start growing back within the period of a normal telogen cycle (i.e., 2-3 months).

HairlessRobo3001,

What gmonasco is perfectly correct. Your existing hairs may or may not be "schocked." If they are, they should begin to grow back in as early as 3 months when your transplanted hair begin to sprout.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website