India Visa. Medical or Tourist

sullirock

I'm going to India to get a HT done but am not quite sure if I should be getting the Medical or Tourist Visa. Anyone been to India for a HT from the United States? As much info as possible would be awesome!

Which doctor and city are you going to? And how long will you be here?

For travel related queries, the best site is www.indiamike.com

They have threads/archived posts on pretty much everything india travel related. Mind you though, if you are just coming for the HT, 90% of their stuff wont matter, as its meant for the dedicated traveller, out camping, travelling city to city and what not. In your case, depending on which hospital/doc, you may have just a few days in a relatively clean environment and you'd be back, if those are your plans.

Edited by Akash

Which doctor and city are you going to? And how long will you be here?

For travel related queries, the best site is www.indiamike.com

They have threads/archived posts on pretty much everything india travel related. Mind you though, if you are just coming for the HT, 90% of their stuff wont matter, as its meant for the dedicated traveller, out camping, travelling city to city and what not. In your case, depending on which hospital/doc, you may have just a few days in a relatively clean environment and you'd be back, if those are your plans.

I'll be getting there on Jan 1st (late at night) and having the procedure on the 3rd and then leaving on the 7th (early in the day). No other plans outside of the HT.

• 8 months later...
Thanks. I just gotta get this visa thing out of the way now. I'm going to visit Dr Madhu. I'll give some updates after the procedure.

Hi Sullirock :) I am a junior member of this network. I read your discussions in this forum. I am planning to undergo HT surgery in India with Dr. Madhu this year. Do you mind sharing with me your experience undergone surgery with him? How was the outcome of your surgery?

Did you end up using a tourist or medical visa? I am really worried about the visa issue. I appreciate for your feedback. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...