Square cm determination?

I'm curious, what is the best way to determine how many SQ cm is in an area you are going to have grafts placed? When I eventually do my next HT I'm going to have the entire thing done on the front/hairline area and i'm curious how many square cm is in that area icon_confused.gif. Any help figuring this out is appreciated.

I'm curious, what is the best way to determine how many SQ cm is in an area you are going to have grafts placed? When I eventually do my next HT I'm going to have the entire thing done on the front/hairline area and i'm curious how many square cm is in that area icon_confused.gif. Any help figuring this out is appreciated.

the graft calculator on this site was a big help to me. My front hairline (areas 2 & 3) was between 30-40 cm2. I wanted a mature hairline for a Norwood class 2a and ended up getting 1200 grafts (35per cm2).

Brav, I think PB mentioned something about this and I wish I had done it. Take a picture of your head with a ruler next to the area. Then from that you can load it into something like PhotoShop and make litte squares that represent a square CM.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

A few consultations (even online consults) will give you some insight on what experienced and skilled hair restoration physicians would suggest. Ask plenty of open-ended questions when you go to consultations and listen to their recommendations without neglecting to make your own goals known.

Whatever the density you wish to have transplanted, it is important that it blend naturally with your existing hair behind it and that your goals are realistic.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog