1000 FIT w/ Dr Rose

First time posting. So I thought I would post about my FIT session with Dr Rose.

I had a 1000 FIT session over a 2 day period with Dr Rose 5 weeks ago. It was a great experience besides the fact that I thought I was a difficult patient ....(I have a low tolerence for pain so I had to have extra anesthesia throughout the procedure.)

Anyway, Dr Rose & his staff (esp Ms Terry) were very kind & made me feel very comfortable. I was expecting the worse but on the contrary, everything went very very well.

Its a little early to see any results. I assume given 5-6 months there should be some definite changes that can be seen.

I plan to go back & have another FIT session in about 8 months to get some more density.

I'll post pics as soon as I can.

thanks

jeff

NW3-4A

1000 FIT grafts in hairline & midscalp

First time posting. So I thought I would post about my FIT session with Dr Rose.

I had a 1000 FIT session over a 2 day period with Dr Rose 5 weeks ago. It was a great experience besides the fact that I thought I was a difficult patient ....(I have a low tolerence for pain so I had to have extra anesthesia throughout the procedure.)

Anyway, Dr Rose & his staff (esp Ms Terry) were very kind & made me feel very comfortable. I was expecting the worse but on the contrary, everything went very very well.

Its a little early to see any results. I assume given 5-6 months there should be some definite changes that can be seen.

I plan to go back & have another FIT session in about 8 months to get some more density.

I'll post pics as soon as I can.

thanks

jeff

NW3-4A

1000 FIT grafts in hairline & midscalp

Guest sac95816

jrjr,

I'm probably a NW 4, maybe a 3. I'm undergoing a HT of 1200 grafts on Oct. 28th. I'm interested in your post because it appears we may similiar hair and are having about the same number of grafts. I'm having grafts placed in the hairline and top third, seeking to reinforce a mature hairline.

I'm interested in knowing (1) where the hair was placed, hairline from temple to temple or a mature hairline? (2) From the placement of the hair, scabbing, recipient sites, can you estimate how much of an impact such a small procedure will have? (3) Please keep us posted on your recovery, when you feel comfortable being in public, shedding, and other post-op experiences.

Seems that most men on this site have significantly larger procedures, especially if they are a NW 3 or 4. However, I have seen some impressive results with smaller numbers.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Sac

Thanks for the reply & interest

To clarify....

Actually I have a NW2 hairline but have diffuse thinning in the pattern of a NW3-4. There really isnt any temple recession at all.

1)Before I came in to get the procedure done, I had my hair cut down to a buzz cut...a #1 guard. I wanted the placement of the grafts to be as unobstructed as possible. The grafts were placed in the mid scalp to the hairline (from the 1/2 scalp point to the hairline). I do have some small loss on the crown, but I am hoping that propecia can slow that down. If not I will go in for a session to try to fill it in at a later date.

2)The impact so far (5 weeks since HT) has been minimal. I had the scabbing like everyone else. The recipient site was numb (still is to a small degree) after the procedure. At the donor area Ive had a few sore spots. Im not sure if these little bumps are tiny infections (like a pimple) or not, but they are tender & sore.

3) 4-5 days after the procedure, I did shed a little. It was mainly the grafts shedding with the scabs. I was very careful to wash my hair. I also had some small shedding with existing hair at the recipient site. They would come off with scabs after washing or rubbing. That concerned me somewhat.

Right now I feel comfortable being in public. There isnt any redness at all that I can notice. The donor area has filled back in with the rest of my hair in the back(the FIT donor area was shaved down for the procedure) Sometimes I wear a cap if I feel self conscious.

I didnt want a large session, which required the strip method. Since I like my hair short, I just didnt want that linear scar to show thru. Next year, I plan to have another 1000 FIT session after this procedure grows in.

Background:

My loss came on all of sudden..or at least it felt that way. This time last year I thought I had way more. A few months before I ever noticed any loss, I went thru some very emotional tough times. My wife left me so she could purse an affair. That emotional stress I think triggered something. It took a matter of just a few months for me to see a drastic change.

I'll try to post pics soon. I have been embarassed about going thru all this...so I am still in a state of denial I guess.