Dr Farjo (UK) or Dr True (NY)

Does anyone have any experiences or reccomendations with both of these doctors? I live in the UK... so Farjo would be a sensible answer if anything were to go wrong he is on my doorstep and it would obviously be alot cheaper! I have read some negative things about Farjo though. Dr True on the other hand, is someone i have read more posotive things about and is my first choice at the moment. Although it was only earlier today which i read somthing saying sombody wouldn't let Dr True run a comb through there head? Which has basically lead me to this post.

What are your opinions...? thanks

Does anyone have any experiences or reccomendations with both of these doctors? I live in the UK... so Farjo would be a sensible answer if anything were to go wrong he is on my doorstep and it would obviously be alot cheaper! I have read some negative things about Farjo though. Dr True on the other hand, is someone i have read more posotive things about and is my first choice at the moment. Although it was only earlier today which i read somthing saying sombody wouldn't let Dr True run a comb through there head? Which has basically lead me to this post.

What are your opinions...? thanks

Hey Hairman

I have had two procedures with Dr. True in the last year or so and both were great ( 1417 & 1476). He was professional, honest and my results from the first are excellent ( 4 months into the 2nd).He uses all of the latest technologies as well. ( If you look hard enough you will find atleast 1 or 2 questionable comments on any surgeon on here.. With coalition type surgeons, I have found many of these comments are based on unrealistic expectations or are patients from 10 years ago who compare today's standards with their "obsolete" result. Also, keep in mind surgery is always a risk and sometimes there are unpleasant outcomes.. This is why people don't get procedures and that's OK too. There are no guarantees with any sugical procedure.

There are many good docs out there so I would meet with them and see which you are comfortable with. Just do the research as you are doing

good luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

If you are in the UK i would highly recommend meeting with spex who offers himself as a showcase. www.hair-help.co.uk

He helped me a great deal and will tell you how it is straight up.

I would advise not having surgery in the uk period. The U.S and Canada is the place to have any work carried out.

Here is another link about peoples opinions

link

I think Dr. True (and his team) perform decent work. However, I would not go so far as to travel

all the way from the U.K. for a procedure with him. The primary reason is followup care. What are you going to do if you develop a problem once you get back in the U.K.? I had my most recent procedure with Dr. True primarily because of his proximity to me. The other alternative was Dr. Beemer who was further away in Saratoga Springs, NY which is a 6 hour drive for me. He has nicer

facilities, in a quaint upstate New York location, but the distance for follow up care is what made me choose Dr. True. My recommendation is to

try and find a reputable doctor in the U.K.

I have read to many things really about doctors in the UK. I don't want to limit myself with location to have a procedure such as this carried out.

Maybe if i did have it done in the UK there is more a chance of somthing going wrong? or me not being too happy with the result... Which could end up costing me more money. On the other hand, I could get it done in the UK and be thrilled with the result.

It's trying to weigh up the price against quality of work and chances of thigns going wrong.

How highly would you rate Dr True? i seen a post saying he would be sombodys top 5.

To be honest. I believe it is impossible to rate Doctors who perform hair transplant surgery in a "top 5". There are many factors which determine who is best including quality of work, facilities, staff, pre-op counseling, post-op care, price, etc.. Every person has their own weight they apportion to each of the factors. For me, I chose Dr. True because he was close by; the price was reasonable compared to others; I had experience with Dr True previously while he was in a partnership with Dr. Elliot; and the pre-op counseling was excellent. Three and a half months post-op from my most recent surgery, I can see the results will make a far more significant impact on my appearance then earlier surgeries. However, this is to be expected from any one of a number of surgeons practicing the latest ultra dense grafting methods for the frontal hairline. On the downside, if I were to offer Dr. True any advice on how to improve his practice. I would definately suggest he either redecorate the current facilities, or better yet, move somewhere else with more spacious rooms. Part of the reason I went with Dr True a 2nd time is that I was impressed with the facilities at True and Elliott. The present facilities are very spartan looking and the procedure rooms are not much larger then a closet. I would get a more comfortable chair with memory foam head support (for comfort while staying still for hours and hours), and increase the amount of sedation to achieve a twilight sleep to make the hours pass by more quickly.

Anyway, back to my point, you really can't have a

top five because hair transplants are not something you can experience yourself at each of the Doc's performing them. However, the moderator of this site could take a poll of the membership rating their experience with the Doctors they have seen, in all of the various quality factors on a scale of 1-5. Then you can tabulate the results and each member can get an idea of which Doctors stand out in those areas they deem important.