Business Week's Lifestyle Drug Article

Guest HLBD

Business Week has released an article that includes a blurb about hair loss prevention drug therapy.

I appears that the makers of Rogaine are "testing two hair loss prevention therapies" currently.

I would say that the reporter somehow missed the reason why companies are dashing to find the next drug. I wouldn't hesitate to believe that we aren't far off from a drug that will work a lot better than Rogaine and Propecia. Will it be a cure-all? Probably not, but it might work wonderfully for a lot more people. It might elminate the need for multiple HTs and maybe elminate the need for <b>some</b> MPB sufferers to have one at all (give how well the therapy works for them and how far along they are in the process of balding). Once again, I think the thing to do is be guardedly optimistic.

http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/content/jun...b20070615_535601.htm

Business Week has released an article that includes a blurb about hair loss prevention drug therapy.

I appears that the makers of Rogaine are "testing two hair loss prevention therapies" currently.

I would say that the reporter somehow missed the reason why companies are dashing to find the next drug. I wouldn't hesitate to believe that we aren't far off from a drug that will work a lot better than Rogaine and Propecia. Will it be a cure-all? Probably not, but it might work wonderfully for a lot more people. It might elminate the need for multiple HTs and maybe elminate the need for <b>some</b> MPB sufferers to have one at all (give how well the therapy works for them and how far along they are in the process of balding). Once again, I think the thing to do is be guardedly optimistic.

http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/content/jun...b20070615_535601.htm

I'm not optimistic about that one.

Sounds like they've got yet another drug that didn't do what they had developed it for in the first place, so now they've got nothing to lose by packaging it for MPB and seeing if they can get a little extra income out of us.

That article makes it sounds like a type of glorified Minox, and that isn't any kind of long-term solution. Within a few years you're getting back to baseline again.

-------------------------------------------------