Think hair but high forehead

Heh,

im in my early twenties and have always had a very high forehead. Recently, however, i have noticed that my hairline is beginning to recede even more. Now i have read about the various treatments but all the major ones seem to arrest hair thinning as opposed to hair line receding. So i am confused and dont know what i should do to to stop my receding hairline. So I have two questions,

1. Am i correct in saying that Propecia, etc. would not help me?

2. If not what do you think i should do to arrest my hair loss? I am currently not on any medication.

Thanks.

Heh,

im in my early twenties and have always had a very high forehead. Recently, however, i have noticed that my hairline is beginning to recede even more. Now i have read about the various treatments but all the major ones seem to arrest hair thinning as opposed to hair line receding. So i am confused and dont know what i should do to to stop my receding hairline. So I have two questions,

1. Am i correct in saying that Propecia, etc. would not help me?

2. If not what do you think i should do to arrest my hair loss? I am currently not on any medication.

Thanks.

Bobby, here's my opinion. I'm not an expert or a doctor, just a guy who has had several procedures over the years.

Rogaine/minoxidil is probably the only thing that could stop your frontal hair loss. It will not regrow lost hair in the front, but might stop any more loss. You'll have to rub it in for the rest of your life and if you stop...

Propecia helps stop hair loss too but is also more effective for the crown area.

That brings us to hair grafts. What kind of hair loss is there among your family members? Is your father completely bald? Any bald grandfathers (or grandmothers)? If you think that you could lose a lot of hair, then you may want to wait. A hair procedure can give you a fully restored hair line. At your age however, the procedure could cause as much fall out.

I would suggest scheduling a free consultation with a recommended hair transplantation doctor. See what he/she has to say. They will probably tell you to get on propecia. I don't like the thought of taking a drug for the rest of my life but that's just me. You are young so you want to have a full head of hair. It might be good while you're in your twenties. But as far as the hairline, only a procedure is going to restore that. I hope this helps.