Drs. Shapiro or Dr. Konoir ?

First let me just say how grateful I am to have found this site. Thankfully I found it in time, before I had my HT done at the Bosely Clinic in Kansas City.

I have narrowed down my surgeon choice to either Dr. Shapiro (either one) or Dr. Konoir in Chicago. I am doing phone/email consultations with both of them soon.

I know there are a lot of Shapiro fans on here but their scheduler told me they are currently booking into Jan-Feb. I would like to have the HT done sooner than that. What are your thoughts on Konoir? It would be much cheaper for me to travel to Chicago but I'm not letting that get in the way of my decision.

I was told by Dr. Hagan (bosely) that I need apx. 2200 grafts and my main concerns are the scar visibility, and how soon I can return to work without it being noticable what I just had done. (I am unable to wear a hat to work). Thanks again for your input.

Thanks for your input.

First let me just say how grateful I am to have found this site. Thankfully I found it in time, before I had my HT done at the Bosely Clinic in Kansas City.

I have narrowed down my surgeon choice to either Dr. Shapiro (either one) or Dr. Konoir in Chicago. I am doing phone/email consultations with both of them soon.

I know there are a lot of Shapiro fans on here but their scheduler told me they are currently booking into Jan-Feb. I would like to have the HT done sooner than that. What are your thoughts on Konoir? It would be much cheaper for me to travel to Chicago but I'm not letting that get in the way of my decision.

I was told by Dr. Hagan (bosely) that I need apx. 2200 grafts and my main concerns are the scar visibility, and how soon I can return to work without it being noticable what I just had done. (I am unable to wear a hat to work). Thanks again for your input.

Thanks for your input.

I just had a HT done by Dr. Konoir 3 weeks ago, and I couldn't be happier so far. Although I obviously don't know what the final results will look like, I am very pleased so far.

I thought I was going to look like a freak, and not want to go back to work for months, but I was back after 1 week, and nobody could tell. Not even my brothers had any clue of what was done, and believe me, if they suspected anything they would say so.

All I can say is I fully trusted in him before I signed on for the procedure, and his staff was equally great.

When I first met with them, they would not even let me decide on going through with the procedure, until I went home and thought about it. I was truly impressed with him, and would recommend him to anyone.

Good luck.