One for the doctor

Does the strip excision method increase or decrease the balding area. I am referring to the closing of the wound bringing the hair of the non balding kind further down thus increasing the area to be treated by transplants.

If it does then the new methods of taking the hair (follicular unit extraction I think it is referred to) would then be seen as a much better alternative soley for this reason and having no big scar.

Is there any research results into these new methods???

Some points of concern may be the circulation of blood around so many different small incisions. stopping the growth or chance of the follicle surviving???

Does the hair follicle under the skin always form a straight line under the hair shaft or do they lose many grafts because of damage to the root. I assume the tools used require precision or pre concieved idea the follicle lies straight under the skin. I have obviously been reading the woods technique website.

Does the strip excision method increase or decrease the balding area. I am referring to the closing of the wound bringing the hair of the non balding kind further down thus increasing the area to be treated by transplants.

If it does then the new methods of taking the hair (follicular unit extraction I think it is referred to) would then be seen as a much better alternative soley for this reason and having no big scar.

Is there any research results into these new methods???

Some points of concern may be the circulation of blood around so many different small incisions. stopping the growth or chance of the follicle surviving???

Does the hair follicle under the skin always form a straight line under the hair shaft or do they lose many grafts because of damage to the root. I assume the tools used require precision or pre concieved idea the follicle lies straight under the skin. I have obviously been reading the woods technique website.