Dr Nusbaum

daniel123

Daniel,

I had 3,800 FUs transplanted 2 weeks ago by Dr. Nusbaum. While it's too soon to see results, I can tell you that everything went well. I think it would be difficult for you to find a better Dr. in S. Florida. Check out what Pat, the webmaster has to say about Dr. Nusbaum:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/hair_transplant_clinic/doctors.asp?DrID=38

I'll be happy to answer any specific questions about my experience.

Thanks a lot Ron for sharing your experience with us.I'm about to make my FINAL decision and Dr.Nusbaum is one of my TWO TOP PICKS for my HT, so it will be VERY helpful for me if you could help me with the following questions:

1- How many hours for the 3800 grafts?

2- How many technicians were involved?

3- Do they use microscopes when dissecting?

4- Was Dr.Nusbuam involved all the time?

5- How painful it was?

6- Did he give you a good price?

7- After two weeks, how you feel?

8- Would you do it again with Dr.Nusbaum?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely,

Jair.

Here's what I wrote in a previous post about my experience with Dr. Nusbaum:

"The incision literally goes from right above one ear to the next. The procedure took about 7.5 hours. The Dr does not make the actual implants. He has a team of ten assistants separating FUs (using microscopes) and later four technicians, two on each side, one holding the incision open while the other inserts the FU. The Dr also has a nurse anesthetizing the areas. His role was to draw hairline, remove and suture the donor area, and make all incisions and of course to supervise his team. It was trully a very smooth operation, both in the medical and professional sense."

In terms of cost it was very competitive, costing between $3.50 and $4 a FU. You ask about pain during the procedure... they use a vibrating tool while anesthetizing the area (local anesthesia injections) that really works in lowering the discomfort. There's always a little bit of pain while you're being anesthetized (don't believe those who tell you there's no pain involved) but I agree with Pat; the pain is not more intense than having anesthesia for dental work. After this, you don't feel anything. Even after the procedure the pain/discomfort is minimal. I was given some pills to take in case of pain but I never felt that the pain was strong enough to take them. Would I do it again with Dr. Nusbaum if I had to? Absolutely. Send me an email if you need to talk on the phone about all this in greater detail.

Great!!.Next week, I'm having a preliminary appointment with DR. Nusbaum at his office in Miami, FL. so eventually I would be sending you an e-mail in case I have further questions or comments.

However, shouldn't be nice to share experiences trough these forums so many people could be well-informed from our experience(s)?

I know I can't get wrong with Dr Nusbaum because I've seen, first hand, his results and they are just extraordinary. Let's hope I will get the same results, in case I finally go with him.

Thank you very much!!!

Sincerely,

Jair.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Ronsard, how are you doing this far?

I went to my appointments and I'm extremely motivated after the meetings. Both doctors (Glenn Charles and Bernard.Nusbaum) are absolutely impressive and their honesty, knowledge, experience, results and price are astounding. I was thinking of visiting another one, Dr.Epstein but I think that with these two doctors, I really have what I was looking for.

I haven't done my final decision yet as who's going to be doing my HT, since selecting from excellent and outstanding is not an easy decision, but eventually, I will have to, and very soon.

That's why I'd like to have some additional input, if possible.

Thanks to all. I'm extremely lucky (and grateful) of finding this magnificent place. Reading the posts and seeing the pictures, had give me a lot of knowledge and facts which helped me enormously to make a conscious and mindful decision.

P.S. Ronsard, I sent you an e-mail a couple of weeks ago but I haven't received a reply so far, so I'm just wondering if everything is all right with you and your HT (?)

Sincerely,

Jair.

• 5 years later...
Guest ricardoermm

Jair ... ist been a while (5 years ago) sinde you posted it

i wish i could find you, i wanted to ask if you decided of having your HT with Dr Nusbaum, please this is one my 3 top options... i need your feedbackk

take care