I'm 1 week post HT (967 FU's) and I'm itching quite a bit. On my own I started taking antihistamines to curb the itching and it seems to work. I'm going to call my doctor to make sure this is ok but I was wondering what others have done. Just a side note I'm so glad this site exists it's answered so many questions. Cheers

I'm 1 week post HT (967 FU's) and I'm itching quite a bit. On my own I started taking antihistamines to curb the itching and it seems to work. I'm going to call my doctor to make sure this is ok but I was wondering what others have done. Just a side note I'm so glad this site exists it's answered so many questions. Cheers

My doctor gave me some type of spray for post-op itching, but I cant remember exactly what it was. I took off two weeks post-op so I'd have time to recover.

As I relaxed at home for my 2 weeks, I kept my little water spray bottle around. I didn't want to itch or even touch my grafts. What worked for me was just spraying down my head every 10-15 minutes or whenever the itching feeling started. The water initially hitting my scalp as well as when it was running down my head worked VERY well for my itching....so much so that I never once used the itching spray my doctor gave me. Keeping your scalp moist is important as well, so it works in more ways than one.