Repair Work

I had transplants done in 95-96 and have lost a considerable amount of transplanted hair in the past two years. I have consulted a few docs to get their opinion. One Dr. says I have enough donor hair left to get about 2 sessions of 600. The other Dr says maybe about 300-400 total. My question is how much area will 300-400 FU grafts cover?

I had transplants done in 95-96 and have lost a considerable amount of transplanted hair in the past two years. I have consulted a few docs to get their opinion. One Dr. says I have enough donor hair left to get about 2 sessions of 600. The other Dr says maybe about 300-400 total. My question is how much area will 300-400 FU grafts cover?

It was my understanding that transplanted hair "was genetically programed not to fall out" and that "it would last a lifetime."

What happened to your transplanted hair?

Thanks and best regards.

Thanks to Dr Feller and NW for the info. I will do some more consultations before I make another surgery date. For MarkV my original Dr. said that the transplanted hair was probably taken from too low in the back where you can get pattern baldness also. I was not too happy to say the least. He said it could be fixed with about 1000 grafts( if I have that many left) for about $6000 but it will be a cold day in july before I go back there.