My THoughts

I see a lot of discussion about the amount of coverage and graft sizes. We all want the max coverage, but we have to consider our budgets also.

I having be "noticing" my hair loss for the past 10 years and agonized every day about how disguise my ever increasing receding hairline. Hair cuts were a chore because I never knew if a hair cut was going to show more of my "less" hair.

I decided to look in to transplantation a few years ago and got "sticker" shock. I didn't expect the cost of the procedure.

A few years went by and I spent more and more time concern and "preoccupied" with my hair.

I finally decided to look at this in a whole new way. I spent hundreds of dollars a year for a gym membership and thousands for clothing to feel and look better. I buy cream for my face and have spent thousands bleaching, root-canals and crowns for my teeth. So, why am I so bothered buy spending money on a hair transplant?? BINGO, this is really just like anything else we do for ourselves to look and feel better. It is really just maintenance for yourself.

I think the important thing to find the right doctor and than worry about the cost, the cost really should be secondary to your decision. Sure, I know it is a lot of money but, over a few years it is just like a gym membership or new clothing or a car. So, I think it really important not look for the cheapest and promises of hair of 18-year-old and focus on the Doctors and make sure they are the best our dollars can buy.

I'm really troubled that people would leave the US to have this sort of proceadure.

I see a lot of discussion about the amount of coverage and graft sizes. We all want the max coverage, but we have to consider our budgets also.

I having be "noticing" my hair loss for the past 10 years and agonized every day about how disguise my ever increasing receding hairline. Hair cuts were a chore because I never knew if a hair cut was going to show more of my "less" hair.

I decided to look in to transplantation a few years ago and got "sticker" shock. I didn't expect the cost of the procedure.

A few years went by and I spent more and more time concern and "preoccupied" with my hair.

I finally decided to look at this in a whole new way. I spent hundreds of dollars a year for a gym membership and thousands for clothing to feel and look better. I buy cream for my face and have spent thousands bleaching, root-canals and crowns for my teeth. So, why am I so bothered buy spending money on a hair transplant?? BINGO, this is really just like anything else we do for ourselves to look and feel better. It is really just maintenance for yourself.

I think the important thing to find the right doctor and than worry about the cost, the cost really should be secondary to your decision. Sure, I know it is a lot of money but, over a few years it is just like a gym membership or new clothing or a car. So, I think it really important not look for the cheapest and promises of hair of 18-year-old and focus on the Doctors and make sure they are the best our dollars can buy.

I'm really troubled that people would leave the US to have this sort of proceadure.

Originally posted by BostonHairLine:

I think the important thing to find the right doctor and than worry about the cost, the cost really should be secondary to your decision.

You said a mouthful here, Boston. Cost really should be secondary to finding a highly skilled physician that will look out for the patients' best interests. Once you have found a physician that you know stands behind his excellent work and utilizes the latest, most refined techniques in follicular-unit hair transplants then you can concentrate on the price.

It is somewhat of a oddity that this is one rare industry in which the "best" physicians often cost less than many less-than-ethical operations available.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

You say you're really troubled that people would leave the US for this procedure, but you don't state why. Why does it trouble you?

I'd go anywhere in the world if necessary. At a certain time the only place you could get a heart transplant was from the pioneer surgeon, Christian Barnard, in South Africa. People left the US and other countries simply because they wanted the best.

If I were a dedicated surfer, I'd want to ride the "longest wave in the world", at Cape St Francis, also in South Africa. If I were a mountaineer, I'd go to the Himalayas, because that's where the best mountains are. And so on.

In any case, there are excellent hair transplant surgeons in the United States, so you don't have to have this concern for yourself.

Kez, Don't get your underpants in a twist. Boston makes a fine comment regarding men taking steps to improve themselves....not sure however what Boston meant with the final statement,

" I'm really troubled that people would leave the US to have this sort of proceadure."

I'm sure you have something in mind.

PS Kez, what's the scoop on Doctor Rogers? I have a buddy in UK that could do with some grafts.

JacobS - I'm just a pouncer by nature, sorry. Cape St Francis is SUCH a beautiful place. Have you seen the surf movies? Outstanding. As for Dr Rogers, I honestly have no idea. I went with the "unmentionables" when I had my transplant ( yes, and where have all their groupies gone? Not just this forum, but everywhere. It's like they never existed!! )

Oh the groupies are out there alright( just in a different town), but it's the exact same crew funny enough.

We knew you were a fop when you had the eyelids done.

Enjoy SA

Later

I didn't stop at the eyelids, mate. Flushed with success, I went on to have Botox 6 months ago,and one thing led to another...my Botoxer ( a dishy lady of 52, who looked in her early thirties, as a result of her own beauty/ facial care ) advised me to use certain moisturisers and sunscreen, as a result of which I have women falling over themselves......( I tell them not to wear such long dresses...)