curious

I'm currently 6 months post op and very happy so far with my growth. From what I read on here, I'm only 50-60% and still have much growing and thickening to look forward to.

Two questions: At this point, do I still have new hairs to anticipate sprouting up, or is it mostly the existing ones thickening from here on out? Secondly, a couple of weeks ago I picked a blackhead(I got quite a few of them after the procedure) and it came out and 2 hairs came with it. Will they grow back or what? I figured after 5.5 months they'd be totally sealed. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Dr. Charles 1522 graphs

I'm currently 6 months post op and very happy so far with my growth. From what I read on here, I'm only 50-60% and still have much growing and thickening to look forward to.

Two questions: At this point, do I still have new hairs to anticipate sprouting up, or is it mostly the existing ones thickening from here on out? Secondly, a couple of weeks ago I picked a blackhead(I got quite a few of them after the procedure) and it came out and 2 hairs came with it. Will they grow back or what? I figured after 5.5 months they'd be totally sealed. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Dr. Charles 1522 graphs

Originally posted by trachound:

Dr. Charles 1522 graphs

I've been wondering about the same thing about new hairs sprouting at this point...

As for the picked hair that fell out...it probably fell out temporarily from being too harshly picked.

It's the really thin ones (like the one that just fell on the keyboard here - damn it) that probably wont come back.

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

I talked to Dr Rose about your question, as It was also mine icon_biggrin.gif. I am very happy with my growth thus far and wonder is this it or will more come. It is very possible for more growth to come all the way upto a year. I have even read some post that people stated thier best growth came 12-14 months. I believe its different for everyone and some people start earlier and some start later, but you can expirience new growth all the way upto a year and hair thickening itself. I hope mine thickens up more to and wish I had a better grasp of what to expect in the next couple months, unfoutunatley we have to just wait. sure is a lot of waiting involved in a ht.

I'm tellin ya Troy! It is a waiting game. But I tell ya what, when I wash my face and get up to my forehead, there's a lot less skin to wash nowadays.

We went out to dinner with my neighbors the other night and she kept looking at my hair and saying,"What is different, I just can't figure it out." Then she proceeds to touch my hair to try and see. NO TOUPEE HERE MISSY!! lol But she has no clue I had a ht and unless I piss my wife off, she never will!!!! Talk to ya later, I have to go cook dinner and do the dishes. icon_smile.gif

I have even read some post that people stated thier best growth came 12-14 months.

Does it mean new hairs sprouted at 12-14 months??

I read somewhere that for most of the people new hairs will start sprouting between 8 weeks to 12 weeks and continue sprouting till 9 months. After that they grow longer and thicker.

Ravi Vide

Hi

I am 6 months into my second HT .. Personally, I experienced the best results at around 10 months or so as the hair matured .Everyone is different and my 2nd procedure is much different than the 1st ( the ht's didn't fall out as much). The bottom line is you cannot make a full judgement until 12-14 months as the hairs must complete the growth cycle.. We are just making ourselves miserable .. We just have to wait but it's nice to improve as time goes on as opposed to the opposite which we went through when we lost our hair.. Let's be patient and enjoy the ride ..

Happy growing

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

In another week I will be 6 months post-op. When I read this web site before I had my procedure, I used to think that everyone who had a transplant was too anxious. I am one of the most patient people I know, but HT's require a different kind of patience---This is especially true if you are planning another procdure. It's sort of like---hurry up and grow so I can see what I have so I can do it again, have shockloss, lose my hair again so I can really grow alot of hair and be done with it. The pschology of this is a bit confusing.