How long after your HT....

How long after your HT did you return to work or go out in public without a hat? I am only able to be away from work for a week or two at the most. I am concerned that it will be totally obvious what I just had done during my "vacation". I have pale, sentistive skin which will probably not help me at all with this!

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

As you can see in the picture, I need quite a bit of work done. I was told by a Bosley doctor (for what it's worth) that I'd need apx. 2200 grafts. I am having the procedure done by either Dr. Konoir or Dr. Shapiro.

th_topofhead-1.jpg.acbafae5a9a7359f76615be72a4d7efa.jpg

How long after your HT did you return to work or go out in public without a hat? I am only able to be away from work for a week or two at the most. I am concerned that it will be totally obvious what I just had done during my "vacation". I have pale, sentistive skin which will probably not help me at all with this!

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

As you can see in the picture, I need quite a bit of work done. I was told by a Bosley doctor (for what it's worth) that I'd need apx. 2200 grafts. I am having the procedure done by either Dr. Konoir or Dr. Shapiro.

You have frontal loss just as I do. You can check out my two week update after a little over 4000 grafts. I did shave my head down to a #2, which a lot of guys won't do as the scar is noticeable. Also, I went into the procedure with a solid tan so the recipient would not stand out. That did help a lot!

I shaved down about a week and a half ago (two week mark) so the scar can still be seen.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=154704

I am almost four weeks post op and it really just looks as though I have a buzz cut on top. For most of us, though, it does look like something was done even at the week point. So, keep that in mind.

You are choosing between two good doctors.

Also, you can check out my post of my pre-op and post-op pics in my signature.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Not to be a downer, but at a week or two you will probably have a hard time hiding things. You don't really have any hair to cover. You MIGHT be one of the lucky ones who recovers quickly, but you cannot count on this being the case. At two weeks I was still quite red, or maybe not red but a very deep pink. Sometimes it was very noticable, other times it wasn't too bad. It seems like it changed during the day. I would wake up in the morning and think "Oh, the redness is almost gone!". Then, later the same day, it would be back full force. Long story short, it was seriously a couple of months before I would have even *considered* going in public without a hat. In an office environment, there was simply no way I would have gone without a hat for a few months. In my office, I covered up the situation by just working weird hours, often overnights, worked a lot from home, etc. When I HAD to be there during the day, I wore a hat, which was thankfully accepted, although not smiled upon. I realize that my situation was gravy compared to most due to the flexibility and independent nature of my job. IMO the "down time" issues are perhaps the most complicated situation people face getting an HT. Sadly, required downtimes are not predictable and extremely individualistic, so people cannot really answer your question satisfactorily, but can only share their experiences. My personal opinion, with only a week or two, you are *really* pushing your luck. What is your situation specifically? Can you wear a hat at work? Can you be reclusive at work for a few weeks if need be? Would you just DIE if everybody found out about your HT, or would it just be a chuckle? Actually, in your case, they are probably going to know anyway eventually, because your appearance will be altered tremendously when the hair grows. Good luck - Stimpson