Temple work

Can i have a few views on temple restoration please.I read that some docs don't like to build up the sides because the hairs there are finer and the transplanted hairs are more coarse leaving the look less than natural.I feel the work i require would need the sides built up a little but the last thing i would want is anything less than a natural look.

Can i have a few views on temple restoration please.I read that some docs don't like to build up the sides because the hairs there are finer and the transplanted hairs are more coarse leaving the look less than natural.I feel the work i require would need the sides built up a little but the last thing i would want is anything less than a natural look.

Yeah, it doesn't get said very often, but the current "gold standard" in hair-transplant technology appears to be less "perfect" (even in the recipient areas) than is often claimed. You're right: hair tends to be coarser in the donor area than at the front, and thus transplanted hair, even placed by the best hands, might not look totally "natural" on some patients. That said, if you do undergo the procedure, completely ignoring the temples and just filling in the rest of the hairline, too, will lend to an unnatural appearance.

Originally posted by Volvic:

Can i have a few views on temple restoration please.

Sure. The answer: pick your poison. Coarse hairs in the temple points may have the potential to look unnatural, but lower, linear hairlines without temple-point restoration make a hair transplant obvious.

In my opinion, it's the lack of attention paid to temple points that is the chief transplant giveaway. You NEED temple points if your desired look is anything better than NW3. Period.

Ideally, you would get the temple points filled in and then use a hairstyle that sweeps hair over them. The transplanted hair in the temple points will prevent scalp from showing, and the hair you sweep over the temple points will help shield the coarse hairs.