my DHI expierience, need some feedback

petesman

i went in for 2500 graphs as recommended by the dhi consultant last may. recieved my injections and medication in the surgery and the doc started to take out some graphs..5 mins later he stopped.. the doctor said he wouldnt do it as my donor site was not great .. i had to leave the surgery and return to my hotel.. i was very upset with this, apart from not having the surgery i had taken a weeks holiday from work to recover and paid a hotel and traveled a distance all for nothing.. week after i went for another consultation and was told 2500 would be fine..they gave me E800 euro off my bill for the trouble i went tro (which i had to fight for) and rebooked me in for 3 weeks later.. went in for the op and i recieved 2200 as there was a communication breakdown between office and surgeon!!..i was also very upset by this..their a bit all over the shop i have to say! would have liked the extra 300 hairs.. they gave me the bones of 300 euro off the bill which i agreed as i was still on the effects of the medication and also tired from a long operation and just wanted to go back to hotel. i felt a bit ripped off over it and ill be sure to bring it up when i go in for my 10 month evaluation..so far the HT looks to be coming on ok.. theres a small little patch where theres isnt much happening, im 8 months post HT at the mo.. anyone have an opinion what i would be entitled to in this case?

2200 DHI Ireland june 2007

Rogaine 5% may 2007

Lasercomb jan 2008

Nizoral aug 2007

I was under the impression you were happy with dhi and your result to date.

You need to contact them and see what they say but i will be surprised if they help you out after my experience with them.

If they do i would be gratefull if you post what help and advice they offer you.

cheers.

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

so far the ht has been fine bar the small patch mentioned,, what im sayin is surely id be intitled to a good discount if i went for number 2 as they made a mistake on 300 hairs? also if no hair grow on the patch surly its up to them to fix?

Rogaine 5% may 2007

Lasercomb jan 2008

Nizoral aug 2007

Hi mate

Have you asked dhi Ireland if they will give you a discount.Also how much was your ht with them and did they charge you per hair ,rather than per graft.

Any sign of growth yet on your small baron patch.

Thanks

yo man, i sent u a PM, i think i sent it ok.. just to let u no what i paid etc.. very little growth on that patch,, maybe 3 or 4 hairs.. i was under the impression they charged per graph but positive they done it by the hair

Rogaine 5% may 2007

Lasercomb jan 2008

Nizoral aug 2007

not yet man, ive sent a couple of PMs out to other members,,just tryin to get a few more opinions on this so im prepared when i call them,, thanx for the help earlier.. i think its a real joke that if they take can take 25 graphs with 4 hairs and charge you E500?? dont make sense and certainly was not mentioned at the consultation

Rogaine 5% may 2007

Lasercomb jan 2008

Nizoral aug 2007

Yes it is a scam and i fell for it but not knowingly.

It does not take any extra effort to extract a four follicular graft and plant it than say a one.

Its your hair as well so they aren`t supplying anything extra to you.

Just keep your options open and do lots of research and i`m sure if you post your question the members on here will help out with good advice.

• 2 weeks later...

hi there petesman ive been reading some of your comments of your experience with dhi... did you consult them about a discount?? i had 2200 hairs placed only recently everything is going accordingly so far.. i will post some pics of it soon. did you ever get any growth on that single patch??

• 3 months later...

Hello Petesman - This is my first post on this site as I've just joined - I too had a HT by DHI in Dublin 3600 hairs apparently at the end of April 2008 I keep my hair short all over so as to try and let the new hair area blend in with my existing hair so my result is somewhat "fuzzy" at present and suppose won't know the real results untill a few more months.

I totally agree with the Dublin set up - although I was pleased with the actual procedure - no pain etc The initial greeting/welcome you would expect to reassure someone like myself just about to undergo such a procedure was non existant. I was met by my female surgeon (Sylvia?? who was very nice) I think who was from Greece and her assistant who nearly immediatly proceeded to shave my head and start without feeling the need for any pep talk. There was one moment I was about to turn and walk out with fear.

During my crappy consultation in Belfast the pretty girl was late by over two hours - and after getting on the phone to Ireland manager KIM I was applologised to by promising me I would get 250 hairs free when I booked. However after my 6 hour transplant and the time came to pay up the 250 free hairs were mysteriously forgotten about - which really left me standing feeling like a dick as I had to stand and nearly argue about - After such a tiring and stressful minor operation the attitude of the clinic staff was soooo unprofessional. Needless to say follow up phonecalls to resolve the situation has fallen on deaf ears. I just hope the hair I paid for come through and works as good as they say.

I'm not done with the clinic yet - do you remember the name of the surgeon who did your HT? PS - I've got some great before, during and after photos

Originally posted by petesman:

i went in for 2500 graphs as recommended by the dhi consultant last may. recieved my injections and medication in the surgery and the doc started to take out some graphs..5 mins later he stopped.. the doctor said he wouldnt do it as my donor site was not great .. i had to leave the surgery and return to my hotel.. i was very upset with this, apart from not having the surgery i had taken a weeks holiday from work to recover and paid a hotel and traveled a distance all for nothing.. week after i went for another consultation and was told 2500 would be fine..they gave me E800 euro off my bill for the trouble i went tro (which i had to fight for) and rebooked me in for 3 weeks later.. went in for the op and i recieved 2200 as there was a communication breakdown between office and surgeon!!..i was also very upset by this..their a bit all over the shop i have to say! would have liked the extra 300 hairs.. they gave me the bones of 300 euro off the bill which i agreed as i was still on the effects of the medication and also tired from a long operation and just wanted to go back to hotel. i felt a bit ripped off over it and ill be sure to bring it up when i go in for my 10 month evaluation..so far the HT looks to be coming on ok.. theres a small little patch where theres isnt much happening, im 8 months post HT at the mo.. anyone have an opinion what i would be entitled to in this case?