Seeking advice: What prodcut(s) actually worked?

Ethan

Hey guys, I'm new here. My hair is receding and thinning in the front. I want to slow the loss and regrow it. I'm 28, and the hair loss started about 5 years ago and is progressing slowly. I want to stop it in its tracks and regrow some. I am not interested in surgery yet.

I am seeking your expertise, i have read a lot online, but I want to ask those of you who have years of experience with this to PLEASE tell me, Is there a shampoo or a product (medicine, herbs, cream) that you have used that actually worked for you? What is it called, how long did you use it for, what positive changes did you notice and did you have side effects?

These are just some products I've noticed repeated mention of online: Propecia, Revita,Jason Tea Tree,Shen Min Vitalize, nizoral, finasteride, minoxodil

But, is there a product (shampoo, pills, herbs, cream) that you have used that actually worked for you and stopped the loss or regrew hair?

Guys, thanks a lot really appreciate you sharing your knowledge and hopefully this post here will have a collection of solutions that WORKED for others, that people like me who are new to dealing with hair loss could use right away and save ourselves costly mistakes and frustration.

Thanks

Ethan

Hey guys, I'm new here. My hair is receding and thinning in the front. I want to slow the loss and regrow it. I'm 28, and the hair loss started about 5 years ago and is progressing slowly. I want to stop it in its tracks and regrow some. I am not interested in surgery yet.

I am seeking your expertise, i have read a lot online, but I want to ask those of you who have years of experience with this to PLEASE tell me, Is there a shampoo or a product (medicine, herbs, cream) that you have used that actually worked for you? What is it called, how long did you use it for, what positive changes did you notice and did you have side effects?

These are just some products I've noticed repeated mention of online: Propecia, Revita,Jason Tea Tree,Shen Min Vitalize, nizoral, finasteride, minoxodil

But, is there a product (shampoo, pills, herbs, cream) that you have used that actually worked for you and stopped the loss or regrew hair?

Guys, thanks a lot really appreciate you sharing your knowledge and hopefully this post here will have a collection of solutions that WORKED for others, that people like me who are new to dealing with hair loss could use right away and save ourselves costly mistakes and frustration.

Thanks

Ethan

Hi Ethan

I'll make it easy for you ..

Propecia

Minoxidil

Both can regrow hair marginally and more importantly stop loss

Nizoral has been shown to have anti-DHT effects and increase hair count ( it won't do too much but has been shown to be a positive contributor)

The new shampoo Revita just came out and has many good anti-DHT ingredients ( including the active one in Nizoral). So, it should in theory be effective as well but again, it will not make a huge dfference..

Actually I just bought 2 bottles of it and started using it on Tuesday.. I like the way it leaves my hair and it is much milder than Nizoral..

That's it .. Nothing else will really help you except some items which contain the above with other stuff in it .

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I think it is ok to throw the Nizoral into the mix. Although it is somewhat of an ancillary treatment, you are not going have the same compliance issues that you might have with a product like Minox (which I also recommend, BTW). If you are going to shampoo your hair anyway, why not incorporate the Nizoral a few times a week. You can also get generic Ketoconazole quite easily for the same effect.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

This regimen works for me:

Avodart (Dutasteride) .5 mg per day

Nizoral 2% - 3 five minute shampoos per week

Minoxidil 5% - two mL twice a day. One on the hairline and one mL on the crown. Use the cheap wal-mart stuff. Works great.

This stuff doesn't help grow or maintain hair counts, but I like the way they make my hair feel/act:

MSM - 3,000 mg per day - makes the hair grow faster

Nioxin actives shampoo - Thickening agent. Great shampoo and conditioner overall.

And for the grudgingly thin spot in the crown:

Dermmatch and a sprinkle of Toppik.

Substitute Propecia (Finasteride) for Avodart (Dutasteride) if you wish.

Anything outside of that list just ain't worth it.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

rogaine 5% working for me,, using it the last 2 months and new baby hairs growing at the front of my head,, hopefully they thicken as they very haed to see

2200 DHI Ireland june 2007

Rogaine 5% may 2007

Lasercomb jan 2008

Nizoral aug 2007

well i've been using this stuff for 2 weeks and my hair has stopped falling out but don't know where it will go from there it's all organic tho which is a plus it's called black ice shampoo and essence conditioner...bought it off ebay i like the way it makes my head feels smells a little funny

Superman

Listen to the vets above.. the items we listed are the only things that work..Black ice or whatever will not help you ..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!