Neck Brace And Donor Scar

If someone was willing to wear a neck brace (the type used by someone who has suffered whiplash) for several weeks post-op, could this have a beneficial effect on any resulting FUT scar, or at least reduce the risks?

My main worry is that I work online A LOT, as a result - my head constantly moving up and down from the keyboard, desk etc and back to the screen. I'm sure all this head-tilting can't be a good thing.

I have thought of two solutions that may help... the neck brace or mounting the monitor on the wall and raising the keyboard up to a high level meaning I won't need to tilt my head as much.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Maxxy,

I couldn't say if any of your proposed solutions would work but I can offer my personal experience. I work online full-time and have done so throughout the entire HT process. I'm legally-blind to boot! My head constantly has to move up and down and all around just to see things and my scar is perfect!

I've asked my hair stylist two or three times to find the scar and she can't see it even when I point it out. She is completely amazed at how invisible it is. Granted, I don't go any shorter than a #3 clip.

I think that if you are careful you'll be just fine.

TTP

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website