HT with Dr. Rahal in november

DeDom

Hi Guys,

I'll document my second procedure (november 3rd/Dr. Rahal) with before-, inmediate- and after-pics right here. Unfortunately I don't have any pre-images from HT#1. For now I can only tell you that I was a NW2/3 and had my corners done by a german clinic called hattingenhair (great overall experience; an area of 25cm2/1463 grafts; the clinic is runned by a canadian couple which is originally from Romania; once they have worked with Dr. Seager). To cut a long story short: We measured a few weeks ago that 50 grafts/cm2 are growing, which is about 90 percent. I'm very, very happy with Laura Muresanus work. The only thing is that one of my two 7cm-scars is too wide (0,5-0,6cm). Maybe, because I started lifting weights after a very short time post op - 3,5 weeks. I would never do that again.

Concerning HT#2: For my taste and in retrospect - during the pre-op-consultation of HT#1 - I was way too conservative. Because of that I have decided to get my hairline lowered a bit (only on the sides) and very natural (ca. 21cm2). I don't wanna have a straight line like a 16yo guy. Aditionally I want to give a bit more density to the area of HT#1. 15 grafts more per cm2 should be enough. I'm booked for 2000 grafts, but I think I can reach my goals with 1700-1800 grafts. The procedure will be very similar to the one of the rahal-patient "chicks dig". You can see his images on our german forum (I have collected some rahal-patients-results). Feel free to have a look. http://alopezie.de/foren/transplant/index.php/t/1277/

My main concern now is to get the old scars removed - I definitely want a thinner line. Concerning density in my case Rahal mustn't go too far. I know about the problems of smaller growth rates. My problem is: I have to return to the office after 3,5 weeks. I'm a journalist and it's not possible for me to wear a hat. So, it will be very important, that the doc shaves down only a few millimetres of my existing hairline as Laura Muresanu did before HT#1. Especially in the area close to the center. I definitely have to to hide my procedure, what should be no problem, because I have tons of hairs, that are quite thick and wavy. I have to discuss that with Dr. Rahal.

What I actually think about is the best way to work on the temples. In my opinion it is essential for a hairline-patient to get the temples done in order to frame the face. I think about 300-350 grafts in total (for an 3-4cm-area on each side). But I actually don't think that it is possible to harvest enough fine hairs by strip in order to get that natural look. From what I have seen about strip-temple-work in two years of research the texture of the "new" is very different from the natural hair. It look's unnatural and in some cases way too aggressive. What do you guys think? Would it be better to get a Mini-FUE one the temples in 2010.

The last two points I want to discuss with you guys: In order to get a nearly invisible scar I will start with Kelo-Cote-Spraygel after the sutures have been removed http://www.kelo-cote.com/ It's a slightweight, self-drying silicone gel - quite expensive. What do you think about that?

Another thing is: I have a very, very, very good experience with applying 2%-Minox to the recipient zone from post-op-day 2 on. I had signicificant growth after 2,5 months and after 4,5 months nearly all of my babys had slipped. As I know Rahal commends to use Vitamin-E-oil. So, is it possible to apply both twice a day? Does it - against the background of applying chemical substances - play a prominent role, that Rahal uses needles instead of blades (Hattingenhair used blades and my skin looked very natural after let's say two weeks)? Thanks for all your comments. By the way: I have to say sorry for my bad English. It's been a while...

I can't wait for the Rahal-procedure to be done - have booked for 16 days (!) in Ottawa (Adams Airport Inn-Hotel). If anybody has some sightseeing-advices - please tell me!

Hi Guys,

I'll document my second procedure (november 3rd/Dr. Rahal) with before-, inmediate- and after-pics right here. Unfortunately I don't have any pre-images from HT#1. For now I can only tell you that I was a NW2/3 and had my corners done by a german clinic called hattingenhair (great overall experience; an area of 25cm2/1463 grafts; the clinic is runned by a canadian couple which is originally from Romania; once they have worked with Dr. Seager). To cut a long story short: We measured a few weeks ago that 50 grafts/cm2 are growing, which is about 90 percent. I'm very, very happy with Laura Muresanus work. The only thing is that one of my two 7cm-scars is too wide (0,5-0,6cm). Maybe, because I started lifting weights after a very short time post op - 3,5 weeks. I would never do that again.

Concerning HT#2: For my taste and in retrospect - during the pre-op-consultation of HT#1 - I was way too conservative. Because of that I have decided to get my hairline lowered a bit (only on the sides) and very natural (ca. 21cm2). I don't wanna have a straight line like a 16yo guy. Aditionally I want to give a bit more density to the area of HT#1. 15 grafts more per cm2 should be enough. I'm booked for 2000 grafts, but I think I can reach my goals with 1700-1800 grafts. The procedure will be very similar to the one of the rahal-patient "chicks dig". You can see his images on our german forum (I have collected some rahal-patients-results). Feel free to have a look. http://alopezie.de/foren/transplant/index.php/t/1277/

My main concern now is to get the old scars removed - I definitely want a thinner line. Concerning density in my case Rahal mustn't go too far. I know about the problems of smaller growth rates. My problem is: I have to return to the office after 3,5 weeks. I'm a journalist and it's not possible for me to wear a hat. So, it will be very important, that the doc shaves down only a few millimetres of my existing hairline as Laura Muresanu did before HT#1. Especially in the area close to the center. I definitely have to to hide my procedure, what should be no problem, because I have tons of hairs, that are quite thick and wavy. I have to discuss that with Dr. Rahal.

What I actually think about is the best way to work on the temples. In my opinion it is essential for a hairline-patient to get the temples done in order to frame the face. I think about 300-350 grafts in total (for an 3-4cm-area on each side). But I actually don't think that it is possible to harvest enough fine hairs by strip in order to get that natural look. From what I have seen about strip-temple-work in two years of research the texture of the "new" is very different from the natural hair. It look's unnatural and in some cases way too aggressive. What do you guys think? Would it be better to get a Mini-FUE one the temples in 2010.

The last two points I want to discuss with you guys: In order to get a nearly invisible scar I will start with Kelo-Cote-Spraygel after the sutures have been removed http://www.kelo-cote.com/ It's a slightweight, self-drying silicone gel - quite expensive. What do you think about that?

Another thing is: I have a very, very, very good experience with applying 2%-Minox to the recipient zone from post-op-day 2 on. I had signicificant growth after 2,5 months and after 4,5 months nearly all of my babys had slipped. As I know Rahal commends to use Vitamin-E-oil. So, is it possible to apply both twice a day? Does it - against the background of applying chemical substances - play a prominent role, that Rahal uses needles instead of blades (Hattingenhair used blades and my skin looked very natural after let's say two weeks)? Thanks for all your comments. By the way: I have to say sorry for my bad English. It's been a while...

I can't wait for the Rahal-procedure to be done - have booked for 16 days (!) in Ottawa (Adams Airport Inn-Hotel). If anybody has some sightseeing-advices - please tell me!

DeDom-

Wish I could give you some sight seeing advice, but was only really there one full day (surgery) and two half days (pre-op meeting with the doc and post-op meeting with the doc). But do get downtown before your HT (restaurants, market street, parliament building). Not sure if Dr. Rahal will want you exerting yourself while you are there especially after the procedure. So bring a laptop to surf, some movies to watch, and books/magazines to read as you will need to take it easy during the first ten days.

I had concerns on the blades vs. needles (do a search on this as there has been discussions here) and the difference in trauma on the recipient site. But I really felt going in that Dr. Rahal's results speak for themselves. And to be honest my recipient site was super clean post surgery. I had no swelling and no oozing, so to me the argument was not an issue. Dr. Rahal explained his technique to me prior to surgery and you can give him a call and he can explain it (depth, angulation, etc,.) better than I can.

If you look at my pics, I had some temple work done. You are right though about the texture of your temple hairs, but I know that Dr. Rahal used extremely fine hairs for mine. That topic is a decision that you can make with the doctor's advice. He does take your input into his decision making process.

You are in good hands!

Eman

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...