Ridging - can anything be done about it?

After I had my first hair transplant about 8 years ago I had some ridging along the right side of my hairline. Does anyone know of any doctors that specialize in flattening the area? I have read steroid injections to the ridged area can be effective. Is anyone else familiar with this? Also while doing a search on the internet I came across a product called Kelo Cote which supposedly can flatten or reduce the appearance of hypertrophic scars. I have thought of trying this as well.

After I had my first hair transplant about 8 years ago I had some ridging along the right side of my hairline. Does anyone know of any doctors that specialize in flattening the area? I have read steroid injections to the ridged area can be effective. Is anyone else familiar with this? Also while doing a search on the internet I came across a product called Kelo Cote which supposedly can flatten or reduce the appearance of hypertrophic scars. I have thought of trying this as well.

Never heard of Kelo Cote, have to check that out.

A few ways to tackle this problem:

1.) Have an experienced FUE doc take out some of the FUs in the ridged area that are responsible for the ridging. This will decrease the volume, and flatten the area out. A really good FUE doc will leave imperceptible scarring in the extraction area. The reason for the volume is that fat grafts that were too large for their holes were stuffed into your scalp. Debulking the graft will excise some of that extra fatty tissue.

2.) Kenalog injections. Kenalog will atrophy the tissue, so it must be performed in small increments, and very conservatively, as if it's done too aggressively it will leave a "ditch" as opposed to a ridge.

3.) Dermabrasion/Laser resurfacing- will also help smooth out the area, but is more subtle.

4.) A combination of one or all of the above, depending on the severity of your ridging.