Consultation in the morning

Tomorrow morning I am going for my first consultation at a Bosley hair restoration clinic. I started noticing I had a widows peak at the age of 17, but the hair that made up the widows peak was very thick and I wasn't at all bothered by it. I am now 20 and it seems the widows peak area has started receding on the left side, as the right side extends lower towards my forhead. My hair is still thick enough that if I dont pull it back or if I style it the right way its not too noticable, but I've really been obsessing over it. I check the mirror every few minutes, and I always count the hairs in the sink in the morning. I've been thinking I might be getting paranoid and this whole consultation thing is a dumb idea, I don't have a bald spot on the back of my head or anything, and I can even wear my hair up if I do it right, do you guys think Im being too critical of myself, or judging by the pictures do you think I'm being cautious in trying to catch this early on? Also would I be considered NW2 or NW3? The pictures are of my hair styled normally, and me pulling it back.

hair1.jpg.f7a6e6a353908a11794fa7855d761a71.jpg

Tomorrow morning I am going for my first consultation at a Bosley hair restoration clinic. I started noticing I had a widows peak at the age of 17, but the hair that made up the widows peak was very thick and I wasn't at all bothered by it. I am now 20 and it seems the widows peak area has started receding on the left side, as the right side extends lower towards my forhead. My hair is still thick enough that if I dont pull it back or if I style it the right way its not too noticable, but I've really been obsessing over it. I check the mirror every few minutes, and I always count the hairs in the sink in the morning. I've been thinking I might be getting paranoid and this whole consultation thing is a dumb idea, I don't have a bald spot on the back of my head or anything, and I can even wear my hair up if I do it right, do you guys think Im being too critical of myself, or judging by the pictures do you think I'm being cautious in trying to catch this early on? Also would I be considered NW2 or NW3? The pictures are of my hair styled normally, and me pulling it back.

bosely will do a HT on you, they want your cash...and you will DEFINITELY regret this decision for the rest of your life. Save up your money, research on here for at least ten years (with the amount of loss you have I am not exaggerating!), wait until you actually do have hairloss, and then make an educated decision and the technology will be such where the procedure hopefully won't be as invasive. Spending the money now will only cause heartache and you will need repairs in the future.

Since you have found this site and have not put any deposit down, step back for a moment and do a little research on this forum (and don't give bosely any money!!)

Bosely will put the hard sell on, but in my opinion you DO NOT need a hair transplant (my girlfriend is sitting next to me and cannot believe you would want one much less need one). You are overly critical of yourself and have little to no loss right now whatsoever. Enjoy what you have...trust me!

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

thanks for the input, youre probably right, Im considering cancelling the whole thing. Its a 2 hour drive and the gas alone will be expensive and more than anything I dont want to be coerced into doing something Im going to regret. I just keep thinking that I'm going to wake up one day and have no hair on the front of my head, but thats sort of silly really, I should just relax more I suppose.

take a deep breath, you won't lose your hair overnight--I can almost guarantee it. For most of us hairloss has been a gradual process over many many years.

I went into bosely years ago and was sold on their slick advertising (the tv commercials still keep my attention!) and the offices and the picture book. The only reason I stayed away at the time was the cost. Thank goodness I did stay away because bosely's plan for me was night and day different from what was recommended from the docs recommended on this site (1200 grafts vs. 4000+ grafts!?!) When you do come back on this site (in 10-Years minimum!) do a ton of research before making your decision...but I hope you never need to.

Honestly, even when I began losing my hair at around your age I did not nearly have as much as you. Enjoy your full head of hair. And forget about the two hour drive.

Eman

My initial HT thread:

Masi,

For starter's, your not a candidate for a hair transplant and your only 20 years old.

My advice to you would be to get on Propecia and wait a year or two before even considering a hair transplant. You will need to stabilize your hair loss first and foremost before even considering a hair transplant this early in life.

Having a hair transplant this early can be a major regretment in a few years down the road in regards to chasing after future hair loss. You don't want to go down that road.

ALso, cancel your appointment with "Bosley" because they will probabley foolishly perform a procedure on you even at your age with a mediocre result.

Get on Propecia and enjoy life because you look fine!!

Masi:

you have got great advice from members of this forum. Me too, i don't think you need an HT right now. Oh yes, stay away from Bosley. You would better stick with one of the Coalition doctors.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

I went ahead and cancelled my appointment today. I took everything I learned here into consideration. I'm going to talk to my doctor about propecia when I get a chance and see what he thinks, but stressing out right now will only make the problem that much worse. I'm taking a lot of vitamins, including saw palmetto so maybe that will keep my hair a little healthier as well.

Congrats on making a wise decision!! You will not regreat not going.

Think of the beginning of puberty and getting acne and how you wanted to hide with one zit on your face. Your hairloss is kind of similar and right now you are the only one who really notices anything. From your pics posted here you are in great shape in terms of your hair.

The only thing you can really do is relax, go out with friends/family and enjoy life. Remember, we are our own worst critics. Finasteride is a good start, but I am not sure your doc will prescribe it as you really do not have much/if any loss.

My initial HT thread:

Masi,

looking at your picture you do not need a hair transplant at this time. You got some real good advice on here. Do not sweat about hairloss at this time,you may make it worse stressing about it.