Recommended HT Surgeons in the Chicago Area

jjbertucci

I have a Class 5 - diffuse hair loss state and am looking for a HT Surgeon in the Chicago area if possible. Since I want the best HT I would consider travelling to another city if a surgeon is that much better than what is available here.

I have been to the Medical Hair Restoration clinic and was not overly impressed. I also had a consultation with Dr. Pomerantz and was impressed with his knowledge and professionalism. He was very willing to discuss any matter related to HT and invited me to come back for a second consultation if I wanted. I have an appointment with Dr. Konior on December 4.

Is there anyone else I should check out in the Chicago area? Is there anyone out of the Chicago area that I should consult?

Thanks in advance,

Jim

I have a Class 5 - diffuse hair loss state and am looking for a HT Surgeon in the Chicago area if possible. Since I want the best HT I would consider travelling to another city if a surgeon is that much better than what is available here.

I have been to the Medical Hair Restoration clinic and was not overly impressed. I also had a consultation with Dr. Pomerantz and was impressed with his knowledge and professionalism. He was very willing to discuss any matter related to HT and invited me to come back for a second consultation if I wanted. I have an appointment with Dr. Konior on December 4.

Is there anyone else I should check out in the Chicago area? Is there anyone out of the Chicago area that I should consult?

Thanks in advance,

Jim

Jbertucci,

I have not had any work done yet. I have made my choice in a particular doc and I am working throught the final details.

Testing will be done to see if I am a candidate for FUE, if not then I will opt for the next best thing, strip method/FUs.

I have been reading this and other sites, journals, talking to people, meeting docs for almost a year now. Beleive me when I say I wanted to jump right in and have a HT. Then I stumbled across this great group of people. It made me slow down and think.

To be quite honest I have a very unique case where I suffered trauma to the left rear of my scalp (basically in the typical donor region). Beyond that I can grow a giant curly mop of hair. 99% of the people here are dealing with normal male pattern baldness. At 38 I don't have any signs of that.

I say all of this to you because while we do have hairloss in common, my situation is unique and the solution I need, while using the best available methods, is stil taylored for me.

So keep doing the research, asking the questions, and understand that this is not a miracle cure and you will make the right decision for you.

keep us posted

jrp65

I appreciate all of your comments and suggestions. Hopefully they will help me avoid making a big mistake.

ninedonealready - What is Spencer's site???

[This message was edited by jjbertucci on December 03, 2002 at 03:16 PM.]

[This message was edited by jjbertucci on December 03, 2002 at 03:17 PM.]