Success Story

Ms. S has been a patient of mine for the past three years. When she came to me she was completely bald on the top of the head. Worse, she had had an unsuccessful hair transplant perfomed years ago by another clinic that left her scalp virtually one big mass of scar.

No one could look at this woman and not feel sorry for her, although she seemed to take it in stride.

In spite of her extensive baldness, and the donor area depletion of her first "surgery", she still had an impressive amount of donor hair left.

Under normal circumstances, I probably would have turned her down. Women tend to thin everywhere by the time they become this advanced. It is rare to see a woman this bald on the top, but so relatively thick in the donor area. I told her that I could improve her, but that I could never match the wig she was wearing at the time. She understood. I also told her it would take a long time and as many as five procedures, and that even then it might not make a significant cosmetic difference. She said she understood.

I proceded to do four surgeries on her over 3 years. She walked into my office seven months after her last surgery this afternoon and told me she got rid of the wig. That's my definition of SUCCESS.

Dr. Feller

Feller Medical, PC

1-800-HAIRS-2-U

1-516-487-3797

www.fellermedical.com

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpgicon_smile.gif

Ms. S has been a patient of mine for the past three years. When she came to me she was completely bald on the top of the head. Worse, she had had an unsuccessful hair transplant perfomed years ago by another clinic that left her scalp virtually one big mass of scar.

No one could look at this woman and not feel sorry for her, although she seemed to take it in stride.

In spite of her extensive baldness, and the donor area depletion of her first "surgery", she still had an impressive amount of donor hair left.

Under normal circumstances, I probably would have turned her down. Women tend to thin everywhere by the time they become this advanced. It is rare to see a woman this bald on the top, but so relatively thick in the donor area. I told her that I could improve her, but that I could never match the wig she was wearing at the time. She understood. I also told her it would take a long time and as many as five procedures, and that even then it might not make a significant cosmetic difference. She said she understood.

I proceded to do four surgeries on her over 3 years. She walked into my office seven months after her last surgery this afternoon and told me she got rid of the wig. That's my definition of SUCCESS.

Dr. Feller

Feller Medical, PC

1-800-HAIRS-2-U

1-516-487-3797

www.fellermedical.com

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpgicon_smile.gif

That is really amazing! How did you manage to harness so much donor hair? Do females tend to have better results than men when it comes to transplants? Her new hair looks so full.... is she pretty much bald in the donor area now?

That first picture was really shocking and I was so happy to see this lady's success.

Out of curiosity, can you disclose how much it cost the lady over the three years?

Kilimanjaro,

To answer your questions:

Harnessing the hair was not difficult as she was born with an overabundance in the back.

I have not found that females grow any better than men.

As was discussed during our first consultation I informed her that I would remove approximately 75% of her donor hair, leaving just enough to cover the area when styled properly.

It was the stratigic placement of the grafts that allowed me to acheive this result. Moreover, it was her absolute commitment to follow through with the plan.

Once the last round of transplants grew Ms. S figured out on her own how to best style her hair to make it as full as possible. Her temples are still thin, but she styles the hair to compensate. She is a master at this.

She simply maximized what I gave her.

Dr. Feller