Some ADVICE GUYS

HAY FELLAS IM 21 AND RECEDING ON BOTH SIDES OF MY TEMPLE AREA. with me being young and the effects that have happen in 2 yrs its quite shocking and pretty depresing. i hate to sound shallow but i feel i have a head that is not right for being bald.is it uncommon to get a hair transplant at my age.and this propecia thing looks terrible with the shedding i hear that commes with it. wld love a response pls

HAY FELLAS IM 21 AND RECEDING ON BOTH SIDES OF MY TEMPLE AREA. with me being young and the effects that have happen in 2 yrs its quite shocking and pretty depresing. i hate to sound shallow but i feel i have a head that is not right for being bald.is it uncommon to get a hair transplant at my age.and this propecia thing looks terrible with the shedding i hear that commes with it. wld love a response pls

At your age, I would get on Propecia right away. It will most likely stop you from losing any more hair and you may even achieve a little regrowth, since your hair loss has only occurred over the last two years. Later on, you may want to add Rogaine and Nizoral to your regimen, but Propecia should be the foundation of your regimen.

w_teflon we seem to have a bit in common.

I'm also 21 and experiencing hair loss around the crown area, and now around the temple is also starting to become very noticable for someone my age. I also don't have the option of shaving my head because like you, I have a awkward size head and would look stupid if I shaved it.

I do feel for you because I am in the same situation. Yes it is depressing and frustrating. The best thing you can do is get on Propecia (1 mg Finasteride tablets) right away. Check out Propecia.com [promotional link removed by forum moderator - Robert]. If you are concerned about the costs, ask your doctor if you can get a prescription for Proscar (5 mg Finasteride tablets) and cut the Proscar tablets into quarters (1.25 mg each).

I am also experiencing a lot of shedding, but it only lasts a few months and you may be able to conceal it with one of the many external concealers available to suit your hair colour (eg: Toppik [promotional link removed] or GLH [promotional link removed] ).

I also use Nizoral 2% with the Propecia/Proscar tablets. If you are really concerned about the hairline at the temples you may wish to CONSIDER something like Rogaine 2% just for the hairline & temple area. But you will have to consider using it for the rest of your life, or you will lose everything your've gained (and a bit more!)

Good luck

Sorry, let me just fix a few things from my previous post:

The web addy for Toppik is [promotional link removed] and you can buy GLH via [promotional link removed] or [promotional link removed] .

Also, I just wanted to add that you should definately NOT consider a hair transplant until you are at least 25. Your best bet is to use combination treatment (Propecia, Nizoral & possibly Rogaine/Minoxidil) to obtain results in between now and then. If you are really keen you could buy a laser hair comb which does claim to help around the temple area [promotional link removed] but there are a lot of mixed opinions about how well they work.

outhere,

I want to remind you that forum rules stipulate that no links to outside promotional websites are allowed. We attempted to allow ones that were obviously not for marketing, but the privelige was always abused. We have to make it an across-the-board rule from here on out. Thanks for your cooperation.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Guest sac95816

I started using propecia at about 21 and didn't experience any shedding. I would be completely bald now if I hadn't started using propecia when I did. I highly recommend that you start using it. It's very effective at preventing loss, especially on the crown. While I belive propecia completely halted hair loss, it didn't regrow hair. Also, I haven't noticed any sexual side effects. I've been using propecia for 6 and a half years.

Same here

been using since it became available in 98 or so.. No side effect at all with reduced hair loss and little some growth

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!