Itching a sign of a losing hair?

Anonymous

Don't know if its relevant but it seems only the part where my hair is thining is really itchy.. does anyone come across this problem also?

Also.. could someone PLEASE tell me if Zinc, multivitamins and vitamin C have any effect on thinning hair..

Thanks in advance. ( i know i've been asking many questions, but i appreciate all the feedback i'm getting)

Regimen: 5% Minoxidil twice a day (morning and night) on front hairline, Proscar (broken into 5 pieces) one piece every night. MSM 1000 Mg, Zinc 30 Mg, Vitamin E, Multi-Vitamin.

Baby Shampoo for showering.

Don't know if its relevant but it seems only the part where my hair is thining is really itchy.. does anyone come across this problem also?

Also.. could someone PLEASE tell me if Zinc, multivitamins and vitamin C have any effect on thinning hair..

Thanks in advance. ( i know i've been asking many questions, but i appreciate all the feedback i'm getting)

Regimen: 5% Minoxidil twice a day (morning and night) on front hairline, Proscar (broken into 5 pieces) one piece every night. MSM 1000 Mg, Zinc 30 Mg, Vitamin E, Multi-Vitamin.

You know I had the same phenomena happen to me when my hair was falling out iin the crown it itched alot!

I thought it was because my scalp was now exposed to the sunlight and it was causing dryness.

Maybe a Dr Can help us with this.

I know exactly what you are talking about. And I'm almost positive excessive itching is a sign of hair loss. I've read it before somewhere, and have had the same thing myself. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

danger

Itchy scalp is a sign of hair lost, at least according to Dr. Bernstein in NYC. I also had the itchy feeling when i started to loose hair and still have it now. However, your scalp could also be itch when your hair are growing back, which is what i am experiencing now since i have been using propecia and had a hair transplant. Rogine also gave me the itch when i used it, but i no longer using rogine any more because i don't like the result i was getting...

just curious, what kind of results were you getting with rogaine? If you dont mind me asking.. What if you don't scratch.. the itch.. i guess you would stil get the hair loss.. right? Unless your losing hair cause your scratching..

can all those of you complaining of itching, also tell which shampoo you are using ? lets try to understand this.. i used to get a lot of itching earlier when I had hell a lot of dandruff.. I switched to "Head And Shoulders" and voila ! all itching & dandruff is gone.. i tend to believe that flaking, dandruff can also cause itching but dont know about hair loss.. i must say i have been losing hair for about 10 yrs now.. and have no idea if it has stabilized. probably not.

Signature:Please click here to vote for the doctor you would go to if you needed a hair transplantation today!

Disclaimer: I am not a qualified medical professional nor do i work for any doctor, hence these are my personal and honest views. Hopefully I will benefit someone as I had benefitted from this awesome forum.

My HT blog - 2600 - Dr. Feller: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/blog/68/

photo album: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/albums/135

i thought itching caused dandruff... but i have been noticing a lot more dandruff in the past few weeks and i have it like 6 hours after i take a shower.. i'm using baby shampoo so not sure...

I have had the same problem before I ever even began losing my hair. I am 29 now, and I remember when I was 20...there were times when I felt like I had chicken pox on my head. It's been about 1 year now since the problem has stopped. The reason for me has been Nizoral shampoo. For me, it has performed miracles. I typically use nioxin shampoos, but use Nizoral 1-2 times a week, and follow the instructions when using this product, you must let it settle in on your hair for 4-5 minutes after initially lathering up.

Another thing to consider....I work out quite regularly as a lot of guys do, and I typically take two showers a day, and I use a small amount of toppik on my hair. At night, it is important to rinse out the toppik, but I do not shampoo my hair everyday anymore...usually 5 or 6 days a week. That has also halped relieve the dryness without letting my hair or scalp get "greasy". In the past, I never hesitated to sometimes wash my hair twice daily.....which also was a big cause of my problems..

for sah1974, ok, could you tell me what toppik and nioxin are? Damn, i can't stand this itching.. i think its from something i'm taking but its annoying. Would.. i be able to get toppik and nioxin online? Or would they sell it in hong kong. Does it work? What kind of results did you get with using the two?? Just curious to what kind of shampoo i should use... thanks.

Go to www.nioxin.com and you can learn more about the product. Remember, this product will be good at cleaning your scalp (not regrow hair). I recommend getting the shampoo, scalp therapy (conditioner), and bionutrient cleanser (leave in conditioner spray). Initially use nizoral shampoo 2 days a week, and use the nioxin stuff the remaining days (only once a day remember, and I recommend not shampooing your hair at all at least one day a week, no more than two). You should be able to get Nioxin in a salon pretty much anywhere, including Hong Kong.

One final thing, ANonymous, if you are using Rogaine (Minoxidil), you may continue to experience flakiness. I stopped using Rogaine, because I thought I was going to itch my scalp off. I just started Avodart (transitioning from Propecia last year), and I think that works just as well. Hopefully, you can make sense of my rambling messate. Thank you.

Seth

Anonymous, I'm not sure if that rogaine question was directed at me or not.

I had decent results with rogaine, and even better with propecia/rogaine combined. When I got off of rogaine, I shed a LOT. I started rogaine again awhile later, and just prior to my HT, I stopped again. My HT doctor told me in my consultation how stopping rogaine after using it for awhile would cause excessive loss. As long as I would be committed to the whole rogaine regime, then it wouldnt be a problem, but you cant start and stop, etc. I figured I'd had enough of the horrible itching and flaking/dandruff. I'd tried all dandruff shampoos,etc, but when I finally quit rogaine, it all went away.