popping pimples

whats up people im aproaching the 3 month mark and im starting to get some pimples on the receipeint area. my question is if i pop them will it hurt the graft. i know that they say at 10 days you would have to get the graft surgically removed that you cannot lose it but what damage can the poppin of the pimple do thanks again people

Originally posted by joeysi:

whats up people im aproaching the 3 month mark and im starting to get some pimples on the receipeint area. my question is if i pop them will it hurt the graft. i know that they say at 10 days you would have to get the graft surgically removed that you cannot lose it but what damage can the poppin of the pimple do thanks again people

Joeysi

If you are getting more than a couple of pimples at a time, please contact your doctor. Pimples don't usually affect the final results but they can be a nuisance. There are some simple measures that your doctor can recommend to reduce the number of pimples you get. These could include such things as warm salt-water soaks, topical antibiotics or other lotions, or oral antibiotics (like acne medications for teenagers.)The treatment your doctor will choose would depend on the severity of the pimples.

I would recommend against squeezing any pimples. If they break inwards instead of outwards you could get inflammation and scarring under the skin. Big or painful pimples can be punctured with a sterilized needle to release the pressure but you should follow your own doctor's recommendations.

Ironically the pimples tend to be at their worst before the transplanted hair has grown enough to hide them. Hopefully your pimples will disappear and you will see some good hair growth soon.

Good luck.

Cam Simmons MD ABHRS

Seager Medical Group,

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Dr. Cam Simmons is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians