Shaving your head after surgery

Mp96

Hello I wanted to get some thoughts about shaving your head after having surgery....

I ended up shaving my head to a number one clipper to try and blend in the transplant with my native hair. I think it actually looks good because I have a decent hairline now and it still alittle pink in the transplanted area but it is difficult to tell. My scar is noticiable in the back but I can deal with that for the time being,I just don't like wearing a hat.

I just want to ask that it shouldn't damage anything after five weeks post op correct? I am trying to have everything grow in around the same time frame... Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated...

One more thing most of the transplanted hair has shed but I can pull it off with the short buzz cut,except for the noticable scar..

Mp96,

Some people are very sensitive about the whole scar issue; others aren't and accept it. If you are confident in shaving your head for now, then just go with it. I think you have the right attitude about not obsessing over the scar: chances are if you aren't dwelling on it, then no one else is going to either. If the only indicator that you had an HT is the scar in the back, then chances are you look good overall.

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

No, after 5 weeks the grafts are set. You will not damage anything.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

I buzzed my head the day the staples came out and every couple of weeks after that with a #2 clipper. I stopped around the 90 day time frame. Like you, I wanted new hair and old hair to be at the same length. Didn't care about the scar and almost never wore a hat. Nobody asked, but then I wasn't working either so no coworkers to worry about.

Guest wanthairs

hey...

I buzz my head down to a zero twice a month. I dont care about the scar.....i find it looks pretty good. People have seen me and said I should have done this ages ago before the procedure instead of a pseudo combover I used to have.....