Doctor's opinion!?

Seems like many have said it is best to wait an entire year, and I believe some docs insist. But it must really depend most on the elasticity of the donor area, and the results of the first surgery insofar as the need to place FUs in between the earlier placed ones. I waited only 8 months and my Doc had no problem with that. I was so happy with the results of the first HT that I simply could not wait. Of course, if the doc told me to wait I would have done so without question.

Several factors go into deciding how long to wait between 1st and 2nd procedure. Some of the important factors include: amount of original hair loss, patient expectations for final result, and how long it took for hair growth to begin. If hair growth begins at 3 months then a near final result may occur at 7-9 months, but if hair growth begins at 4-5 months then it may very take 10-12 months for final results to occur. I feel that a minimum of 6 months is needed for proper donor area healing, and more time is needed after each successive procedure. You definetly do not want have a second procedure where grafts are put in on top of previously placed grafts have been placed but of have not yet grown in.