Questions about TP hair and density????

Is it ok to color TP hair after the scalp has healed an the hairs have come in? Would having the hair colored blonde add more desity maybe? Or is it BEST to just keep the hair short? I am just thin at this point in time and am wanting to do something to help me get through this time period till I get to a DOCTOR that will take good care of me unlike my last one. Which that was in the mid 90s.

I am going to hopefully go to HW in a few months to get some necessary fill in work done and some scar repair... Man I am dredding it but it will be worth it. Kind of nervous really.

Is it ok to color TP hair after the scalp has healed an the hairs have come in? Would having the hair colored blonde add more desity maybe? Or is it BEST to just keep the hair short? I am just thin at this point in time and am wanting to do something to help me get through this time period till I get to a DOCTOR that will take good care of me unlike my last one. Which that was in the mid 90s.

I am going to hopefully go to HW in a few months to get some necessary fill in work done and some scar repair... Man I am dredding it but it will be worth it. Kind of nervous really.

Hi

Once you heal up it's Ok to color the hair. Gerneral, rule of thumb: shorter hair tends to cover more as well as blonde hair which reduces the contrast to the scalp

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

The coloring issue reminds me of an idea I had recently regarding the contrast that is produced between darker transplanted hairline hair and skin tone in some guys: using a lightening or lift formula right at the base of the hairs.

Bleach produces less subtle results, changing your hair to orange, then yellow, and eventually to white. But hair lightening formulas, actually often included in hair dying kits, are meant to be used before someone dyes his/her hair to a lighter color. It essentially just lightens your natural hair color a little bit to prepare it for the real coloring treatment.

Used alone, and perhaps in a more refined manner (say, using a q-tip, if that can be considered a delicate tool), and just lightly dabbing the base of the hairs, leaving it on only for a few minutes before rinsing it off (to go for the most subtle contrast possible), might make the hairs appear softer. This might produce the illusion that the base of the hairs are less coarse- they eventually get darker and thicker the further they grow out.

From looking at the native hairs in my hairline, that seems to be the case: guys with darker hair don't have white peach fuzz hairs there naturally, but rather hairs that are indeed dark like the rest but much softer and a tad bit lighter at the base. This of course might sound crazy and like a waste of time. icon_biggrin.gif

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website