Propecia stop or restart?

The Von

I have been on propecia for about a year now with decent results. Initially I had a shed, but after that my hair got thicker and basically stayed that way ever since. I have had a slight, and very slow, recession of my hairline mostly on one side, but overall my hair has been better. My question is, in the last 2 weeks i have lost a ton of hair, the quality of my hair in general has become much worst and my hairline has thinned out alot. I also have noticed my body/beard hair growth has increased and i got a slight rash under my arm, just like i did when i first started on propecia. Is it possible that i have developed a tolerance to propecia allready, it hasnt even been a year. Could it be that I am going through some sort of cycle, like the drug is re-taking effect, like at the beggining...if that makes sense. I am at a loss, ive got a script for dut. and I may be filling it soon. Any info or insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I have been on propecia for about a year now with decent results. Initially I had a shed, but after that my hair got thicker and basically stayed that way ever since. I have had a slight, and very slow, recession of my hairline mostly on one side, but overall my hair has been better. My question is, in the last 2 weeks i have lost a ton of hair, the quality of my hair in general has become much worst and my hairline has thinned out alot. I also have noticed my body/beard hair growth has increased and i got a slight rash under my arm, just like i did when i first started on propecia. Is it possible that i have developed a tolerance to propecia allready, it hasnt even been a year. Could it be that I am going through some sort of cycle, like the drug is re-taking effect, like at the beggining...if that makes sense. I am at a loss, ive got a script for dut. and I may be filling it soon. Any info or insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Could we get some answers to this post -- from a doctor if not a fellow hair-loss trooper? I'm personally interested in learning as much as I can about hair-loss prevention drugs, and this thread appears to be in need of development.

Hey The Von,

Could you check out the thread Homer started, called "To Pic," about side-effect experiences and make a contribution?

Thanks! icon_cool.gif

No, i thought about that. But I havent changed anything. My stress level is higher now because my hair is falling out. icon_rolleyes.gif

Do you all think i should up my propecia intake...also where is the best (cheapest) place to get proscar/propecia online?

I get my generic Proscar from http://www.generics-online-pharmacy.com/ProductList.htm .

The cost used to be $39.40, but now it's that in Euro's, which, as of today's exchange rate, equals $42.97, FOR 60 5mg TABLETS! That's still a huge savings compared to elsewhere. I've been quartering it, so maybe the 1.25mg would do you good, as opposed to the 1mg, in your case...

In any case, it currently amounts to only 18 cents a day with this provider. If you find anyone cheaper I'd like to know, please.

As far as quality is concerned, let me just say that I was on Propecia for over 3 years prior to starting this generic alternative 4 months ago.

Propecia reversed the loss I'd begun having at that time at about the three month mark. Now that I'm 4 months into this alternative, I've had zero loss from my crown, which would have been the case by now if this wasn't good stuff. You can read about the pharmaceutical manufacturer from links on their main page if you want - they seem totally legit (and are even floated on the stock market).

Hope this helps...

Sincerely,

HarryLemon

I was just reading another post and it made me think. It said that inflammed scalp and shedding occur when one stops using propecia..do you think it is possible that i got a bad batch of propecia? I got it from a hair transplant surgeon locally. Has anyone evr got or heard of a lose dosed or "bad" batch. Im just racking my brain trying to figure out what the heck is going on.

Thanks.