Not going bald

Hello, everyone. This question is a little different than most of the ones I've been reading here, but hopefully someone will be able to answer it.

I'm an 18 year old female, and no, I'm not losing my hair. However, my hairline is naturally way too far back on my head making my forehead look too tall. Would a hair transplant be a good solution for this?

Also, I have a fear of people finding out I'd actually had the procedure, so I was wondering if it's possible to get multiple small procedures so only little bits of hair grow in at a time and no one would notice anything.

Hello, everyone. This question is a little different than most of the ones I've been reading here, but hopefully someone will be able to answer it.

I'm an 18 year old female, and no, I'm not losing my hair. However, my hairline is naturally way too far back on my head making my forehead look too tall. Would a hair transplant be a good solution for this?

Also, I have a fear of people finding out I'd actually had the procedure, so I was wondering if it's possible to get multiple small procedures so only little bits of hair grow in at a time and no one would notice anything.

Dell,

Welcome to the Hair Restoration Research forums.

This procedure has been performed successfully on individuals with high hairlines before. A recent case is posted here that showcases the work of Dr. Robert Dorin of New York, NY.

It would be best to get the entire procedure done right away and not return for subsequent surgeries. This is especially true if you opt for a FUT-style transplant. For a description and comparison of FUT and FUE styles of hair transplants look here.

You can see in the pictures I posted of the female patient that at just 11 days post-op the recipient area looks shaved with very little redness.

Eighteen is very young to consider a hair transplant whether you are thinning or just have a high hairline. Your best option is to consult a VERY ETHICAL physician. Do not be discouraged if he/she tells you to wait or that you are not a good candidate. There are less-than-ethical physicians out there that will take your money no matter what and perform sub-par work on you that you will regret for the rest of your life. Remember, you only have one scalp. Trust only the most skilled, ethical physicians with it and advice on how to treat it.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Dell take it from someone who has been unfortunate enough to ruin a perfectly good head of hair!

At 18 you would love to attain all cosmetic pleasures im sure but think about it this way "if it aint broke definitley dont fix it". As you said, you're not balding at all but have a high hairline, Im assuming youve had a high hairline since you we young.

If you have a perfectly natural growing head of hair id say seriously consider other styling options 2 attain a more favourable cosmetic look of your hair before pursuing a surgical one. You only get one head (one is relatively good knick at the minute - wish id known that in the past). There is a chance you could end up worse than you are now.

None the less I know how hair (or lack of it now) can make you feel so good luck with whatever you decide is best for you.