Mark McKenzie in Canada

Heman

His site seems to be down. What do you know about his work? It looks like he's been doing surgery since the 80's. Do you know if he has adopted the most advanced techniques. Does he use all FU's in his surgery? Does he use high powered binocular microscopes to dissect grafts? Any reason you are considering a surgeon who isn't recommended on this site?

Paul

My Surgery With Dr. Sharon Keene

What exactly is the difference between a procedure of all micros and a procedure of all fu's? I've taken a look at your pictures, and I don't see any difference between what you've had done, and his results.

Heman,

Good surgeons have graduted to transplanting follicular units as the superior method for a number of reasons. Take the time to read this article to learn more about it.

http://www.newhair.com/info/p_1999_logicfut.asp

In addition to better coverage and better rate of survival of grafts, the consensus is that, in person, minis and micros are much more likely to result in a grafty appearance. Photos are not always good enough to discern the difference. Physicians can also present you with photos of their best work. The dissection of grafts with high powered binoccular microscopes is also important to produce grafts with smaller amounts of tissue allowing smaller recipient incisions. This method also reduces the rate of damage during dissection. Also, this method allows for better selection of the finer, single hair grafts in the hairline. You have a limited donor supply and it's important to get the best possible, most natural looking coverage along with the lowest waste of grafts possible.

Paul

My Surgery With Dr. Sharon Keene