Norwood 4

I just found out that I was on the NW 4 scale of hairloss. My question is do you think 2000 Follicular Units

would cover the top forlock without it looking thin? I do have some hair on top but I was told that the chances of shockloss with the hair I curentley had would be lost.The real question is 2000 FU is this alot?

What does 2000 FU = 2000 hairs inplanted? I should of asked this question but I had alot on my mind at the time I meet the DR.

Thanks

Newscan.gif

I just found out that I was on the NW 4 scale of hairloss. My question is do you think 2000 Follicular Units

would cover the top forlock without it looking thin? I do have some hair on top but I was told that the chances of shockloss with the hair I curentley had would be lost.The real question is 2000 FU is this alot?

What does 2000 FU = 2000 hairs inplanted? I should of asked this question but I had alot on my mind at the time I meet the DR.

Thanks

Newscan.gif

Welcome to the NW4 club! It's a fun place isn't it? icon_smile.gif

I kid, I kid. I was a NW4 when I had my procedure done. Check out my Hair Loss Weblog (look down at my signature line) to check out my progress. I had 2,300 grafts transplanted to the hair line and forelock.

As far as 2,000 being adequate for you, I cannot really say without photos and even then it would be a guess. Shock loss is a real possibility, especially when transplanting the FU's between native hairs. The latest techniques in hair transplants help immensely in creating conditions that grossly limit the chances of shock loss.

Take a look at my photos and documentation and assess whether your situation is similar to mine. Remember that I did not have any grafts placed in the crown, just the hairline and forelock. I'd like to know how your loss compares to what mine was. Let me know and I will help you all that I can.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

From what your photos look like we are similar in the front frolock area.However, your's seems to look like you had more hair loss in the top middle area then I curentley have. I also noticed you had some work done by your sideburns and by looking at that area on my head I think the only focus area will be on the front 1/3 of my forlock.

What I really wanted was 2500 FU transplanted but he indicated that I might not be needing that much.When he asked me what my goal was I told him I wanted my old James Dean hairline:P

I will post a pic of my head this week so you can judge it yourself. My girlfriend cant beleve how good your hair looks :P

Peace dude

Newscan.gif

I was a NW 4A which means I also had a nice hole in my crown, I had 2500 done by Dr. Keene but(front and crown) I had alot of hair on the top of my head but a large and growing forehead.

so 2000 goes pretty far but if they can harvest more from you donor supply plant all they can get. You probably want to make the most of the first time. And in a couple of years the xtra bucks wont really matter.

jls.JPG.3129476da9b65aca02830cb16b7f58ad.JPG