y cant they use body hair?

hello guys

this might sound stupid to some of you but i've been wondering how come doctors can only use hair from head in a HT procedure to plant in your head

i mean the whole idea is to use your own hair so your immune system wont reject them doesnt that apply to body hair as well?

any comments or answers especially from doctors

thank you guys and thank you hair-restoration-info.com

hello guys

this might sound stupid to some of you but i've been wondering how come doctors can only use hair from head in a HT procedure to plant in your head

i mean the whole idea is to use your own hair so your immune system wont reject them doesnt that apply to body hair as well?

Originally posted by the_koko_wawa:

hello guys

Koko,

You may like to know that Dr. A/ Arvind has been transplanting body hair for quite some time now.

I had some transplanted myself.

As far as my experience goes, body hair grows after transplant into the balding scalp.

It seems a valuable adjunct to hair transplant procedures as well as repair surgeries like mine.

Bad plug grafts from Mumbai.

Undergoing repair HT from Dr. Arvind, New Delhi.

2500 FU grafts + 35 chest hair grafts in June 05.

Currently there are only a few doctors who do body hair transplants. You can literally count them on one hand. The body hair seems to take a bit longer to grow and is not as thick as scalp donor hair, but overall I think it is a viable source of donor hair. I wish more doctors would start practicing body hair transplantation, especially since hair multiplication doesn't seem to be getting here any time soon.

Body hair transplants (BHT) can be a good option for those with an insufficient amount of scalp hair to transplant. Like GuitarPlayer said, the grafts can take longer to grow and the procedure tends to cost more than conventional FUT or even FUE.

Some guys that previously thought they were unlucky to have a scruffy back may just be in luck if they are trying to work with a limited donor area in reaching their hair restoration goals.

I would strongly recommend Dr. Arvind Poswall for his work in BHT for anyone interested.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Originally posted by GuitarPlayer:

The body hair seems to take a bit longer to grow and is not as thick as scalp donor hair, but overall I think it is a viable source of donor hair.

Curiously, the body hair transplanted in my scalp, did seem to grow in earlier than the scalp hair.

Dr. A had said that, in his experience, the body hair grew in at similar time frames as the scalp hair.

It is thinner than the scalp hair though.

I am wondering whether to start using Minoxidil on the body hair grafts. Dr. A did say that, Minoxidil may help the body hair to get thicker in calibre. I should quit being lazy icon_smile.gif

Bad plug grafts from Mumbai.

Undergoing repair HT from Dr. Arvind, New Delhi.

2500 FU grafts + 35 chest hair grafts in June 05.

That is a curious developement, underrepair. I stand corrected. BTW, I replied to another thread in which you asked how to set up a photo album here.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog